Thursday, February 10, 2005

Heathcliff, oh, Heathcliff...

Vanessa here...

Coming to you from the moors of Scotland, apparently. I'm looking out the window here at the office (that overlooks downtown Boston and the Charles River) and it's nothing but fog and rain. I feel like the mansion at Wuthering Heights should be in the foreground with Cathy and Heathcliff chasing after each other. Since it's still winter, I actually would prefer the snow to the rain. The streets get wet here and everyone's brains fall out of their heads. Traffic comes to even more of a stand-still and the T is packed with smelly and wet people, tromping over drenched newspapers on the floor. It's enough to make you gag.

And enough to mess up my nice short Italian boots from Aldo. (Got them on sale.) I'm so going to have to polish them the minute I get home to get off the salt and sand residue from walking the city streets. I'm so ready for Spring. Did the groundhog see his shadow or not...or whatever makes winter go away quickly? Is 27 too young to retire to Florida?

Things are quiet here in VanessaLand. Pats fever has subsided and now everyone's gearing up again here at work for the Sox. Not good enough that they won last year...now they have to repeat. Now they have to form a dynasty. Why can't people just be happy in the moment?

I do have to say that this guy back in Research asked me out for drinks. His name is Daniel Waters and he's pretty cute, if I must admit, but see, my company has this "no fraterization" policy, so co-workers aren't really supposed to date. So, to get around this, my buddy Griz (Isabella) and our receptionist, Janine and I are going out to this bar downtown and the guys (Daniel's bringing a couple more from Research and Griz's crush, Rick Churchman, may be there) will meet up with us. There, no stupid HR rules broken.

But honestly, who is the company to tell you who you can and can't date? Doesn't that sound a little too big brothery for you? Sure, if the relationship interferes with your work, that's a problem, but what's a few beers or glasses of wine between co-workers. And so what if you end up macking on each other. How does that hurt the company bottom line? But, I'm a hard working, team player, so I'll play by the rules. Wouldn't mind if that cute Daniel tried to get a good night kiss, though.

My roommate, Mia, is going out with Larkin again...the guy I set her up with from our sales team. Man, they are hot and heavy, let me tell you what. Since we live in this three-family house, the walls ain't too thin, if you catch my drip. Ah well, at least I know I can set people up effectively. I just wish they wouldn't participate in their activities on Wednesday night.

Why? Are you kidding me? Wednesday night is the new black. The new Thursday night. Talk about Must See TV. Project Runway, (their website has been down) followed by Queer Eye for the Straight Girl. Best two hours on television. Last night on Project Runway, I was crushed when they eliminated Austin Scarlett for that skag backstabber, Wendy Pepper. She's just a horrible, horrible person. Plotting and planning and conniving against her fellow designers. And there stands Heidi Klum with this look on her face like she doesn't know what's going on. It's the producers keeping that bi-colored hair menace (Wendy) in the competition. Jay McCarroll and Kara Saun (both immensely talented) are still on -- deservedly so. I'm still mad that they booted off Robert Plotkin. I just loved Robert...and hello...what was with Bravo showing him in the all-together buff?! Whoa! But...next week on Project Runway Wendy will get hers in an old-fashioned verbal gang bang of all the designers she screwed over to get where she is. It's going to be television at it's very best and I can't wait!

How sad that my social life revolves around reality TV? Well...okay, it does! Well, that and Joey, which is tonight. We all need our diversions, though, right? And, as my dear old dad says (he's a major in the Air Force), "whatever keeps you off the streets and out of the pool halls."

Which reminds me...I must check out this new place downtown called Felt. Maybe next weekend between home spa treatment and watchng re-runs.

That's all from me for now...keep it happ'nin!

Double Vee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training