Thursday, February 17, 2005

Love blossoms on the Red Line?

Vanessa here...

Spring is in the air. Okay, so it's still in the 30's, but a girl can dream. The sky is actually blue and the brown snow-sludge is starting to abate, so I have hope that one day soon the sun will shine down on me and brighten my dreary day.

Fine. I'm being over-dramatic. Have you just met me? But I have to tell you...I'm in love.

Well, not in love, love...but in total lust. Same thing...at least for me at this point in my life.

Don't ask me his name 'cause I don't know it. I only know that works somewhere near me, he carries a Kenneth Cole messenger bag and he's a total hottie.

I saw him on the train last week. Didn't think anything of it. But then, I saw him again. And again. We were on the same car at the same time, getting off at the same station. Mia thinks he's stalking me, but she's just being paranoid. (Men follow her around because she's dropdead gorgeous, but she doesn't get it.) So, I'm getting off the Red Line yesterday morning at Kendall Square to walk over to my office and someone slams into me. It was him! He grabbed onto me and apologized profusely, saying he wasn't paying attention, etc. I, of course, babbled out some incoherent sound like "gurrrrrp..." and smiled. He's just adorable, let me tell you. Black pea coat, red scarf tied European style, chocolate brown eyes and long hair pulled back neatly in a ponytail. In fact, he sort of looked like Robert Plotkin from Project Runway. Maybe he's moved to Boston to be a designer? Nahhh...still...

(And let me just interrupt to say that Evil Wendy Pepper did not get the ass kicking on last night's show like she deserved. She is an evil, evil woman. I bet she drew that mustache on her daughter's picture herself, just to cause a "controversy." She must lose. At all cost. Okay...end of Project Runway rant, although I encourage you to tune in next Wednesday for the season finale!)

Back to Ponytail Cutie...

He kind of did this winking thing at me as he continued on his way. Since we were going in the same direction for a while, I watched him walk. The man knows how to walk. Not anything overt like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, but nice, nonetheless. It was a but of a little strutty-strutty...not like a swagger, but more like a confident gait. Let's face it, the dude knows he's cute.

Well, this morning, I see him again across the packed train car. For me, the world stood still and everyone disappeared except for me and Ponytail Cutie. He must have felt me staring at him 'cause he looked up from his Metro (that annoying free newspaper they push at you every morning in the T station) and nodded at me. ME! Sure, I'd spent an extra ten minutes getting ready this morning and foofing my hair just so. I'd even put on lipstick and I never wear the stuff, even though I have about 19 free tubes from all my Clinique gifties.

I get off the train and head up the escalator and he's there next to me! Goosebumps all over. (Yeah, yeah...it might have been from the cold, but I think it was from his nice, white smile.) He says to me, "Has anyone mowed you down yet today?" Me, being all flirty -- I hope! -- say back, "No, but it's not 9:00 a.m. yet." (I groan inwardly.) But Ponytail Cutie laughed at me and smiled again.

We walked out of the station together (well, I felt like we were together) and then he said, "Have a great day. See ya!" I waved and couldn't get any words out -- me, Motor Mouth...couldn't speak...Hello!! -- and headed towards the office. I watched him from a far and I saw him turn into the block before my building, so that means he works at one of two companies. I'll have to do some investigating and see if I can get the 411 on him. This'll be fun!

At least the commute's not boring anymore.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. Maybe I'll get my courage up and ask him for coffee or a drink.

Hang loose and keep warm!

Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Emily said...

What's a European scarf tie?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Well, it's not a European scarf tie, but a European style of tying a scarf. Here...check it out:

http://sighclub.typepad.com/sighclub/2005/01/post_1.html

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Ahhh...that's what I meant...and I have seen/done that before--didn't know it was European! :)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training