Friday, May 06, 2005

Debates and scandals and a redux...oh my!

Vanessa here...

Wow...I go offline yesterday to attend an all-day sales and marketing meeting (boooooorrrrring!) and I come back to tons of hits on my blog, e-mails galore and me, at the center of a controversy! I love that...sounds like I'm a headline on CNN or on the front page of those annoying Boston Metros that get shoved in your face six times a morning as you're entering and exiting the T. (And believe me, I'm one of those people who "wrote to the top" [a bullshit PR campaign if I've ever seen one] about them bombarding you and blocking your way, somehow offended that you won't accept a free paper!)

Annnnyway....

Apparently my cataloging of the men in Government Center sparked debate! My blog story got linked to this great website called Universal Hub (all about Boston blogs...yeah, they like me!) and several Hubbers chose to comment on my (non-scientific, people!) findings in my half-hour gaze-fest. One in particular, you just have to see...

By Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 05/05/2005 - 16:53.
I'm guessing ole' Vanessa is carrying an extra pound for each of those not cute guys...


Oooooooo-kay. So, let me get this straight. Just because I sit quietly in my car, minding my own business, jotting down notes about the people I was seeing (no crime...at least the parking cop passed me by) and making personal judgment calls, then I'm obviously a fat, ugly sow? All right, so I was munch on some Goldfish crackers at the time. And while they're the snack that smiles back, they're also very low in fat, so I won't apologize for them. Just because, in my opinion, I don't see any cute men, Mr. Anonymous deems me worthy of a check in at St. Elizabeth's for an immediate stomach stapling followed by massive lipo?! Give me a break!

This was my opinion. Had Mia been with me, she may have found 6 cute guys in the bunch...or none. Had my grandmother been with me, she may have found my next grandpa...I can't say. Maybe there are women out there who like their guy to stare at women's asses (while hanging lettuce off their face) or perhaps they like men with boobs bigger than their own. Could make for some interesting foreplay, I'm sure...but not for me. I have a particular guy I'm seeking...age wise, looks wise, personality wise. What can I say...I like hot, buff guys. There, I admit it. I'm a body gal. I like a guy who's in shape. One who dresses like he's had a Queer Eye makeover. One who cares about the image he sends out to people. And I dig cuteness. I'm also 27 years old, so that wipes out the potential for anyone with gray hair who's wearing Fred Sanford hats, or angsted boys dressed in their Catholic School clothes. I mean, come on...I'm not Demi Moore, nor am I Mary Kay Letourneau.

Then, I have to share this other comment...(this person gets what I was saying...)

By Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 05/06/2005 - 01:01.
That first comment is typical of the kind of "quality men" in this town. Anonymous assumes she's fat because she comments on the dirth of attractive men around.

Exactly! Well said Ms. Anonymous. (Oh come on...you know the first was written by a guy and the second by a woman. I just know these things.)

We're having fun, though...and that's what life's all about! Thanks for all of the e-mails and support and opinions. It's great to see that I can get such emotions out of so many people without really trying. I'm just being me.

Tell you what...since this was such a success, I believe I'm going to have to do this again. Yes...I will. Griz and Mia and I will rally and find something cool to do, somewhere hip and happening to go and I will park my ass there and assess yet another 50 guys. I'll even give advance warning so you (all you cute guys!) can make plans to do a little strutty-strutty for me. It'll be fun. So -- WATCH THIS SPACE -- for more details.

Okay, I'm off to do some software training. I've got to market this stuff, may as well know what it does. Hope everyone had a great Cinco de Mayo (we won't talk about the amount of ta-kill-ya Griz and I consumed last night) and a fab-u weekend!

Hang loose!

Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is hysterical! I can't stop laughing. I have a friend who lives in Allston and I had to show this to her and she totally agrees. You're right on target and I can't wait to see where you turn up next and what your next assessment will be! ;-)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

I cannot tell you how amused this makes me.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous cambridge chick said...

Porter Square. Definitely recommend Porter Square. Lots of cute guys there. And they're not all gay. Lots of students though, but you can slush through them easily enough.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training