Sunday, May 22, 2005

Kickin' it back old school...

Vanessa here...

So, Griz and I went to The Rack last night and I met up with my fan e-mail friend, Jeremy Foley. Let me just say how cute this guy was! Tall, muscular, angled face and this shaggy blond hair. I picked him out of the crowd immediately 'cause we'd e-mailed pictures of ourselves to each other. He was with his two buddies, Tom and Ford (I know...who names their kid Ford?!) and we hung out for a while, drinking beer and shooting pool.

I really suck at shooting pool. I mean, I try to act like I know what I'm doing, but doing it in person is much different than playing online pool ad nauseum on Pogo.com. I always lean too far onto the table, or move other people's balls (no comment, please!) or worse...I knock the 8 ball in at the end, but not where I predicted, so I lose anyway.

Jeremy was nice, though, and took pity on me. He'd stand opposite me at the table and point with his finger where I should hit the cue to the ball. Just like that little line will do for you in Pogo that shows the trajectory of the ball. So, with Jeremy's help, I did much better and we managed to beat Ford and Griz. (Griz is a whiz at pool!) Jeremy and I did plenty of flirting the whole time and I could certainly dig going out on a real date with him.

We also got into this huge talk about Star Wars. (Yes, I said it was the theme of the weekend.) He's an old school fan...prefers the old movies...and I mean, who doesn't?! He admitted to having a thing for Princess Leia as a kid and I told him of my huge Han Solo crush. It was at this point that Jeremy invited all of us over to his apartment in the South End to watch Star Wars IV: A New Hope on DVD. We ordered pizzas and bought more beer and the five of us sat there and watched it like we'd never seen the movie ever before! The DVD was awesome, with the added in scenes and enhanced graphics. The Death Star exploding was something else. I swear, we were all sitting there quietly, eating and drinking and sitting on the edge of our seat. Man, they just don't make movies like that anymore!

As the evening wound down (like 2:00 a.m.), Jeremy drove Griz and me home and I gave him my number. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and I was beyond thrilled. I could definitely see hanging with Jeremy and enjoying his company. The summer's coming (or so they say) and he's all into water sports and outside activities, so who knows what will happen.

And to wrap up the Star Wars tribute weekend...one last quiz...





Star Wars Horoscope for Pisces




A typical Pisces, you have your head in the clouds.
You're self-sacrificing and a bit too passive to stand up to the dark side.
You become fairly pessimistic when put under pressure.
You are a chameleon - wanting to change your scenery on occassion.

Star wars character you are most like: Lando



Hang loose,
Double Vee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bunch of friends and I got together in Manhattan last night and had a Star Wars marathon (with lots of vodka) until around 3 in the morning. We started in the afternoon with Episodes I and II and then went to theatre and then came home for the last three movies. I'm on overload, but it was cool as shit.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training