Tuesday, May 31, 2005

See Ma...we do have nice weather...sometimes...

Vanessa here...

Back at work after the long weekend. No one seems happy to be back to the grind, especially since the weather's turned all blecky again. But I'm here at my desk, plugging away. There's sort of this malaise hanging in the air. People seem to be dragging a bit, the trains weren't noisy this morning and people had long, sad faces. I think it's because we were teased with this summer-like weekend and now it's back to the moors of Scotland.

Thanks for all the supportive e-mails regarding Dr. Bivalve and the great clam adventure. Yeah...he was a dick. No questions about it. The funny thing is about all of it was I read an article in the Boston Globe that warns against eating clams right now because of a threat of red tide. Good thing Dr. Bivalve pissed me off so much that I steered clear of the clams. Seems a few people at the party got sick, even though Dr. Bivalve said he'd had the clams flown in from New York. What a pretentious cow. Suffice it to say, I don't want to see him again.

My mother calls from Northern Virginia (my dad works at the Pentagon) and is all like bragging about the weather and how much nicer it is there and I should move home. (They think this whole thing about living in Boston is some "adventure" that I'm on.) So...I had to send Mom a couple of pictures from my weekend to prove that yes, New England has beaches and sunshine. Check them out...





It really was a goregous weekend...wish I'd been ON that sailboat, eh? :)

I'm proud of the suntan I've gotten started and since it's almost officially June, I think I'll start going to the tanning bed and at least pretending that it's summer even though it's still in the high 40's and low 50's. May even think of dipping into that crazy savings account and going somewhere fun...we'll see.

Well, back to work! These marketing leads don't generate themselves, you know.

Hang loose,
Double Vee

7 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

Those are really nice pictures. What kind of digital camera do you have?

8:50 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Thanks j. It IS an awesome camera and it's hard to take a bad picture with it. It's a Minolta Dimage Z1 with 3.2 mega pixels and it cost major buckage, but it was totally worth it.

VV

9:16 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Great pictures. Perhaps you should move to the Big Apple. It's glorious here today. Sunny, not as warm as yesterday, but v. nice. Very quiet here today at work. People still out. Must be nice to be senior mgmt.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous pam said...

Gorgeous pics! They look more like South Beach than my neighborhood though. I'm still waiting for the sun to come back.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Nope...not South Beach. South Beach doesn't have the tons of rocks like New England beaches. These pictures are Nantasket Beach...honestly.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Samantha Gust said...

I was on the Vineyard this weekend, too, and the water was just gorgeous all blue and green and not full of seaweed like it can be in the dead of summer. Lots of boats too. Your picture really capture the tone of the day.

Samantha Gust, Allston

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in California, and our weather's been really nice. But don't be jealous...our ocean is freezing all year round. Enough to kill you after lying in the sun for a couple hours. ;-)

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training