Sunday, May 08, 2005

What's in a name?

Vanessa here...

Just took this interesting quiz (you know I love them.) Check it out:

V is for Virginal
A is for Alert
N is for Nerdy
E is for Enlightened
S is for Sassy
S is for Smooth
A is for Abstract
V is for Virile
I is for Important
R is for Radiant
T is for Temperamental
U is for Unusual
E is for Explosive





Let's examine...

Virginal? Ummm...well, I know I haven't had that important third sex date in a while, but...nope...this isn't accurate. Alert. Huh? What?! Nerdy...I am not! (I'm not enjoying this analysis so far.) Enlightened...okay, well, I did read that Deepak Chopra book. Sassy...hell yeah, that's a given! Smooth. Well, I have been known to talk myself out of sticky situations. Abstract. Hmmm...don't get that one. Virile. Aren't men usually virile? Does that mean I'm capable of performing sexually like a man? That's a strange one. Important. Well, I wouldn't say I'm important, but I guess I'm important to some people's lives...like my parents and friends. (Boy, that sounds self-important, eh?) Radiant...gee, that's a compliment. Temperamental...wow...did you *just* start reading my blog? :) Unusual...well, I like that one. I like being unusual...with that comes uniqueness. And...explosive...hmmm...I have been know to cause a ruckus.

Well...off to call my mother and wish her Happy Hallmark Day! Like I need a fabricated greeting card company induced guilt-trip to call my mother, report in on my crazy life, let her know I'm still single and still trying to make it in the city on my own. She's a great woman, trust me, and I appreciate that she birthed me and all, but don't think it's this major holiday to have the family over for, eat more ham (and you all know how I feel about the ham) and ooh and ahh and tell your mother, "rest...today's your day." So...what's she supposed to do the other 364 days of the year? Clean up, do laundry and keep after people? Stupid Hallmark. Oh yeah...and then next month, I have to turn around and do this for my dad. The pressure to keep up with the societal trends and responsiblities.

I love ya, Mom...you know that! :)

And just 'cuz...

"M" is for the million things she gave me,"O" means only that she's growing old,"T" is for the tears were shed to save me,"H" is for her heart of purest gold;"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,"R" means right, and right she'll always be,Put them all together, they spell MOTHER, A word that means the world to me. How 1950's of me, eh?

Double Vee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training