Thursday, June 30, 2005

More from down South...

Vanessa here...

Since I got such a great response from yesterday's hay art posting, I thought I'd include just a couple more pictures from another farm we met on our pilgrimage through the back roads of South Carolina.

This farmer was a little more creative with his materials, but all the same, the results are hilarious -- at least to me.

Here...we were driving down the road and it looked like an airplane had crashed into a tree. Well, yeah, that's exactly what it was...Snoopy flying his Red Barron into a pine tree.



And in the same field as Snoopy, we had to pull over to properly decipher this one. Griz and I agreed that it's a matador fending off a wooden bull and saying "Call 911!") Okay, I'll give them a B+ for creativity but what the fuck?!



Which makes me wonder if the lovely people in this rural part of South Carolina have cable, satellite or DSL? To entertain yourself with farm equipment and models by the side of the road is a new experience to me. Granted, I laughed my ass off an almost had a car accident. I appreciated the efforts, but wonder what they'll do next.

Just goes to show the many differences in cultures and land in this fine country of ours. I have to say, I'm happy to be back on the Red Line, chugging my Starbuck's and commuting with the ill-mannered people I love so much.

Viva la difference...

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

ah yes, snoopy flying into a tree would make me veer off the road in a panic.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

They're not too uncivilized if they like Snoopy....
At least they didn't have him seated on a John Deere!!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

This is true! Although, who knows what was happening in the next hay field over. *eg*

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training