Tuesday, June 28, 2005

She's baaaaaaaaack!

Vanessa here!

Did you miss me?

I missed you. Well, I missed DSL, Internet and cable television while I was gone.

As you may remember, I went on a long weekend vacation with my buddy Griz to see her parents in South Carolina. It was...an experience. Griz's father is a Southern Baptist minister and all that implies. He's very strict and simple. They live in Gaffney, which is not this podunk town or anything, but Rev. Perry doesn't believe in cable and the Internet, so talk about feeling removed from Planet Earth.

I don't know what it is, but her parents had this insatiable urge to constantly feed us. And not just feed us...but strap on the damn feed bag, feed us. We went out for every lunch and dinner. And...every place we went were All-U-Can eat buffets. Dude, I don't need to eat all I can eat. I swear, I tried to eat healthy, but all that was offered was fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans in bacon grease, cheese grits, collard greens, hush puppies and all of the fish we ate was battered and fried. I'm nervous about stepping onto the scale because it was like Mrs. Perry was fattening us up for the Thanksgiving Day kill.

The weather was nice...very nice...and I got some sunshine. We wanted a bunch of war movies (Rev. Perry's a big fan) and managed to sneak in a bottle of wine Sunday night for our secret enjoyment.

Tomorrow, I'll post some interesting pictures I took alongside one of the highways in South Carolina. Unlike anything I've ever seen before...wait, you'll see.

But, I do have to announce a triumph known to God and man. We flew from Boston to Atlanta and then connected to a flight to South Carolina. While in the Atlanta airport...I discovered a little bit of heaven on earth...



Chick-fil-a.

This shit rocks.

Look at it and tell me you're not drooling right this instance...




It's a grilled, buttery bun with a piece of deep fried chicken breast, a couple of pickles and a side of thick waffle fries. A culinary masterpiece. We were fortunate enough to set down at gate A10 of which there was a Chick-fil-a not twenty feet from us. The smell was intoxicating. The flavor was mouth-watering. The calories and fat grams were...well, we won't go there. All I know is I was sorely disappointed last night when we buzzed through Atlanta again and landed in the B terminal, which apparently doesn't have a Chick-fil-a. I felt so ripped off. I damn near wept.

So, I settled on a Wendy's chicken sammich at 2:00 a.m. when we got back to Boston. It just wasn't the same...let me tell you.

If you're in Atlanta...you must make a pilgrimage to Terminal A. Tell them Vanessa sent you.

More tomorrow!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

8 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

'bout damn time you posted something. was wondering if you'd abandoned me.

i've had chick-fil-a and you're right. it's orgasmic.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Sorry "j" but sometimes a gal has to go on vacation. Can't help that the internet connection there had a gerbil running on a wheel to make it go. I'm back, though!

VV

3:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Welcome back, V. You've been tagged!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Ouch! I've been tagged? What does that mean?

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents live in Caldwell, Idaho, outside of Boise. You'd think it being the capital and all, they'd have some decent internet access, but they don't. They don't even have dial up. Not really. You have to unplug the kitchen phone and drag the cord into the other room and hook it into the computer and then dial into Boise long distance. It retrieves email and then disconnects. There is no surfing. I hate visiting there.

Bennie

4:28 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

It beats the Wendy's chicken sandwich??? Okay, that's got to be good...

I'm not sure they deliver to Canada, but I'll have to make some inquiries...

8:25 PM  
Blogger Kathy Holmes said...

But don't go looking for them on a Sunday. :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Right, Kathy. Chick-fil-a closes on Sundays so their employees can go to church. I did learn that quickly!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training