Friday, July 08, 2005

The Boston Blahs...

Vanessa here...

Complaining, yet again, about what, people? The Weather. What else? It's cold, the wind is howling, it's raining, it's dank, dark and overcast. There is nothing remotely summer-like about this weather at all. I mean, even the birds are complaining about it. You should hear them sqwaking around my house this morning. I swear, if shooting a gun were legal within the city limits, Mr. Paulsen (aka Freak of Nature Landlord) would be shooting at the crows and other birds in the trees surrounding us.

Speaking of him...I'm leaving the house for work this morning and he's got his leaf blower strapped to his back and is blowing at the puddles of water on the front steps and on the walkway. Blowing away the water.



Why is this necessary? I mean, dude...it's frickin' raining. How are you going to stay ahead of the game? Hang out all day with your leaf blower and smite the rain? He really should find something more interesting to do with his time, like collect stamps, do his own dishes or...make a woman-skinned dress for himself, a la Jame Gumm in The Silence of the Lambs.



Great...so in under two months, I'll be stuck here all by myself to deal with the FofN on my own. There's no way in hell I can make the $1400 per month rent on my own. I'm going to have to find a roommate to take over Mia's room. She's already moving some stuff out this weekend into Larkin's place and they've got an appointment with a realtor to go look at some condos down in Quincy (south of the city) for purchase. Everything's just moving so horrendously fast.

I'm putting a flyer up at work for a roomie...you know, one of those pathetic flyers you see on college campuses with the little tear off "Call me" numbers at the bottom for people to take and never contact you. Griz said I should post something on Craig's List...maybe so. We'll see how culling from the office works first.

Griz and I are going out tonight after work. A little down our sorrows in a few complicated cocktails. There's this cool place called The Parish Cafe on Boylston that serves all sorts of crazy martinis. Sounds perfect for my mood.

And, to end on a fun note...here's a blog quiz...


You are dependable, popular, and observant.
Deep and thoughtful, you are prone to moodiness.
In fact, your emotions tend to influence everything you do.

You are unique, creative, and expressive.
You don't mind waving your freak flag every once and a while.
And lucky for you, most people find your weird ways charming!



Great...I'm weird, but in a charming way. Just what I needed to hear...

Hang loose, have a good weekend and check in for eye candy tomorrow...

Double Vee

4 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

>>You are elegant, withdrawn, and brilliant.<<

i like this quiz.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Well, you got the withdrawn part down pat, I'd say. LOL!

VV

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe your landlord has a leaf blower. That man needs help.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Brenda Bradshaw said...

I'll take your weather! Let's trade. I'm in the smack-dab middle of Texas.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training