Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A cute meet...

Vanessa here...

So, I have a date this weekend and I owe it all to my car and a bottle of wine.

After work, I got home, ran Barbara (the Freak of Nature was out) and then decided to be a good roommate and cook dinner for Mia, since she won't be around much longer. So, I buzzed out to the grocery store. As I was pulling into the parking lot, I damn near ran over this guy! He stepped out between two minivans out of nowhere and I had to slam the break on. The cool thing was, he didn't flip me off or anything. Just smiled, like he was tres embarrassed. For the record, he was wicked cute. Nice eyes, blonde hair, nice ass (what? I looked!)...very Paul Walker-ish. Yum, yum!

He dashes off into the store as I park and then I go in and do my shopping. I admit, I was looking all over the place for him, barely noticing what I was putting in my car. Sadly, though, I didn't see him again as I was checking out and heading back to the Cabrio. No such luck. Maybe he was just a delicious mirage.

Then I head over to the liquor store to get a bottle of wine to go along with my seared swordfish and roasted potatoes (it was very yummy...let me assure you.) When I reached for a bottle of Cavit Pinot Grigio, I bumped hands with someone who was reaching for the same bottle. (See, I told you it was a "cute meet.")



It was him! Paul Walker Cutie (PWC) from the grocery store!

We laughed and he said, "You again." Yep...me again. He let me have the first bottle of Cavit and then he took the second one. We went and stood in line (soooooo many people buying lottery tickets, taking up both registers) and I figured it was time to turn on the Vanessa Virtue charm. So, I apologized for almost hitting him and he said, no, it was totally his fault for not looking where he was going. He was thinking about what to make for dinner. His father's in town for business and PWC was getting wine to go with the baked stuffed lobster he was making. (The drool factor just doubled over the thought of baked lobster but also the fact that PWC knew how to make baked lobster -- told me his secret is cheese on top.)



What did I do? Well, of course I turned on the instant-flirt and gooed on about how much I love baked stuffed lobster. Then, I told him I was making swordfish for my roommate and he gave me a great recipe for blackening it. I was starting to wonder if this guy was just too good to be true (and I'm not making the assumption that just because he's gorgeous, polite and can cook that he's gay) as I'm paying for my wine. He pays at the other register and we start walking out together. Is this like kismet, or what?

He holds the door open for me (nice) and walks me to my car where he asks if I'd like to have dinner with him Saturday night. (ooo...Saturday, not Friday...Saturday...date night.) He says he'll cook for me (he just finished culinary school and is working part-time at a restaurant downtown while trying to get a full-time job) or we can go out. Since I'm no fool and know when to grab an opportunity, I tell him that I'd love to sample his cooking.

So, it's a date. Me and PWC. Oh, his name is Brent Williams, by the way, but he does look like Paul Walker.



I'll be sure to report in on the dinny!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

5 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

i'm jealous.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

See...you gotta get out of the house more, j. = )

VV

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lobster dish looks amazing. I'm so hungry now, I can't think strAIGht.

Nancy P.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I don't know you, but I love encounters like the one you experienced. Are there coincidences? Is there fate? Either way, have fun!!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Paul Walker lookalike who cooks? You may not have bought a lottery ticket that day, but definitely a winner nonetheless.

I'm off to the grocery store... it'll be just my luck to almost run down the Steve Buscemi lookalike though...

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training