Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Going on hiatus...

Vanessa here...

Thanks to all the many wonderful of you (God, is that a horrid sentence!) who stop by and read my blog missives each day. You mean the world to me and I'm glad that my mucked up life provided entertainment. :)

However, just like network television...I will be going on hiatus for a couple of weeks...back on the airwaves on Tuesday, August 2nd. A girl needs some time to herself, some vacation time and we'll see what happens with Chef Boy (don't worry...I'll keep you posted.)

Please don't abandon me! In the meantime, here's a discussion for amongst yourselves...should make for some interesting conversation. Then, please come back in two weeks and we'll catch up!

So...what's your favorite thing about summer? And...what do you hate the most about summer?

Me first!

Favorite: I love laying out in the sun. Must be the Virginian in me, but I love baking in the sun like a piece of chicken, broiling on one side and flipping over to make sure I cook evenly. Yeah, yeah, yeah...talk to me about skin cancer and stuff, I know, but I use plenty of UV protection and I still get a nice, healthy tan. Believe me...without one, I look like a piece of Xerox paper!

Hatred: Well, I hate sweating. There's just no way around it other than to live in the fucking tundra year round. The thing about sweating is you have to change clothes like five times a day and you just plow through the underwear. *eg* But that's why there's that lovely invention of the shower...stay cool any time!

So, while I'm away, I want to hear from you...let me know your most and least favorite things about summer.

As always, thanks for being a fan!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

5 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

favorite thing is chicks in bikinis. hated thing is guys in thongs. that's just wrong.

i'll miss you.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Kathy Holmes said...

Yes, we'll miss you but I know you'll be doing some important stuff. :)

Maybe because I grew up in southern California, I don't really like summers - too hot and everything is crowded and even though time off from school was fun, I still missed school and my school friends. I've always enjoyed spring and fall more. You could still enjoy summer-like activities but with fewer people around and with cooler temperatures.

Now I'm in Florida and Florida summers really suck. :)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

We'll miss you VV -- good to know a little R&R is in the works

Favourite Thing?
The fact that it's okay to eat ice cream anywhere, anytime, anyplace for 3 whole months!

Hatred?
When I'm in my car eating one of those chocolate-covered ice cream bars and the ice cream's melting so fast that the chocolate falls off and falls on my pants. Which are always white at the time.

Small price to pay though...

Have fun!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous emily said...

Favorite:
Having daylight until at least 9pm every night!

Worst:
Bugs--mosquitoes, flies, bees, wasps, ants, moths, spiders, etc. They're all plain annoying--especially once they gain entry into your house! :(

9:10 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Fav? Fresh fruits and veggies right from the garden, Nothing is sweeter! Sunlight!

Worst/Intense dislike?
Humidity and blood-sucking bugs.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training