Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I've been tagged...

I've been tagged by Stacy, on my thoughts on the following things...

1. Myself: What do I think of myself? Well, Jeez...that's a little self-centered, eh? I don't really think about myself other than when I'm writing my blog. I'm an outgoing person, bubbly and happy generally, but as I get older, I do wonder if Mr. Right is out there. And if he is, is he looking for me? Will he know me when he sees me? Will I know him? I know...that's not about me, but hell, I talk about myself all the time on here. I'm a hard worker, team player, good friend and all around happy with life. (Except for Mia's new diamond on her finger.)

2. Wisdom: Wisdom comes with age...honestly. The things I thought I knew when I was younger...geesh! I know so much more now. Not that 27 is some magical, wise age, but I am able to look back on my life and realize that with age comes experience and with experience comes knowledge and with knowledge comes wisdom. (That sounded wise, right?)

3. Regrets: I don't want to admit to having any, although I'm sure I have some. I regret that time when I was 8 years old and I tried to make square pancakes. What a mess! I regret when I played spin the bottle in 7th grade and ended up swallowing Jack Davidson's Hubba Bubba gum. (Gag!) I regret cheating off the smart Asian guy in my freshman year Biology lab -- he wasn't as smart as I thought. I regret that year I spent sooooo much money on going to Boston Bruins games only for them to be bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. I regret buying those used Seven jeans off eBay only to see that they weren't the real thing. I regret that I was never old enough to vote for Bill Clinton. I regret ever learning that you could get low-calorie Klondike bars in the form of a Slim-a-Bear. I regret my last haircut...Denix cut my bangs way too short.

4. Family: I love my family! My dad is a Colonel in the Air Force and flies a desk at the Pentagon. My mom is a hairdresser (should have gone home and let her cut my hair!) and gives killer, kick-ass perms. My little sister, Victoria, is a true PITA, but then again, she's a teenager, so that's expected. Although my parents living in Northern Virginia and think that my "Boston adventure" is just that (they're expecting me to come to my senses and move home...hello, I'm almost 30!), they're supportive and always there when I need them. They're the bestest.

5. Films: Where do I start? There are so many. I guess the basic thought is I frickin' love them! Love a good romantic comedy. Appreciate a moving drama. Can't stand horror...who wants to be scared to death? I like a good mystery when the mystery is...well, good. I hate being able to figure out a plot and love to be challenged. Movies like The Others, The Usual Suspects and The Sixth Sense really got me...had no idea what was coming! I guess my favorite movies of all time are: Gone With the Wind, French Kiss, It Happened One Knight, Moulin Rouge and The Fast and the Furious. (What? I think Paul Walker is hot!)

6. Faith: "Cause you gotta have faith-a-faith-faith..." And no, I don't worship George Michael, but come on...the song's a classic. Yeah, I've got faith. Faith in a higher power. Faith in myself. Faith in my friends. Faith that one day the world will be a really cool, peaceful place.

7. Blogging: Umm...like, duh. It's my life right now. And you're here too.

8. Words: I love words. Words are how we express ourselves. Look...I'm typing words right now. Words are art. Words are music. Words are love. Words are people. Words are emotions. Words are important. And in my line of work, words sell our product...which helps pay me, which helps gets the rent and other bills paid...you see the vicious cycle? :)

9. Friends: I get by with a little help from my friends. Oh come on, like you didn't see THAT one coming? My friends are the greatest! There are, of course, my college sorority sisters that I keep in touch with (waving at the sisters of Delta Gamma), my work buddies (Griz is the bestest!) and my roommate, Mia. I hope we can still stay close, even after she gets married. I think it's important not to have a quantity of friends, rather a quality and I definitely have that!

10. Ideas: Oh, I'm full of them. And since I'm on a marketing staff, I get paid to have ideas. Not that the tiny little man in charge actually listens to me, but I do toss them out every now and then.

Well, that's kind of a weird note to end on, so I'll go ahead and tag the next victim, errr...person to answer. I choose to tag...Diana P. You're it!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

7 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

why won't you tag me?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

It Happened One Night -- definitely a classic. Although I was a little put off by all the naked Clark Gable shots ...

(Well, it's an oldie, no one will watch it unless they think there's naked men in there ... I'm just trying to help it along ...)

I like the tagging idea ... I think I'm going to have to do that and pretend it's my idea ... I'm off.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Oh yeah...Clarkie's chest is a little too flat and white for my taste...but the man WAS beautiful!

And Nikki...consider yourself tagged.

And 'j'...how can I tag you when you choose to stay anonymous? Hmmm?

VV

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moulin Rouge is THE BEST movie ever. I cry every time I see it. I honestly believe the rumors that Nicole and Ewan fell in love doing the movie. You can see it in their performances. The movie is a marvel.

Nancy P.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I feel slighted that I wasn't tagged! My favorite movies are GWTW (I know a cliche), the Godfather (another cliche), the Lion in Winter, All About Eve, Sunset Boulevard, Love Actually, French Kiss. I could go on and on.

Since I haven't been tagged, I'll just pretend I have!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Don't be slighted! No one is slighted. Wahhhh...you're all tagged. Every last one of you. Go off now...answer the questions! *eg*

VV

9:14 AM  
Blogger Gena Showalter said...

I'm the kid who never strays from the safe zone so I won't be tagged. "Nahnahnahnahnahnah."

I adore Moulin Rouge. It's in my DVD collection.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training