Thursday, July 14, 2005

The ramblings of a bored commuter...

Vanessa here...

It's one of those days when I don't know what to blog about. I know, big surprise, Motor Mouth that I am. So many people around me are stressing and getting into office politics that they should honestly stay away from and misreading people's communication. I swear, we're a company that markets to other companies, yet we can't talk to each other without panties getting in a knot and everyone getting defensive. It really makes me glad that I'm such an underling in my job. The stress just ain't worth it. It causes rises in blood pressure, back pain, heart palpitations, shunting, upset stomach, heartburn, headache. Honestly...is it worth it?

So, I'm on the train this morning...forgot my book, so I just looked around and mused on nothing and everything. Here are this morning's thoughts and ramblings from a bored commuter...
  1. I wonder what ever happened to that kid that played "Mikey" in the Life cereal ads. Do you think people still come up to him at age, what...50...and say, "Hey Mikey! He likes it!" He's probably in jail from mass murder.



  2. Why are Postal workers so dour and downright rude? Is it the ugly uniforms?



  3. Why can't you have pets at work? A roaming office cat would be nice. Or some puppies.



  4. Why does college tuition cost so much...like it's this priviledge to go somewhere? Shouldn't it be free? Aren't more highly educated people a good thing for our society?



  5. Why won't Helen Fielding write a third (and final?) Bridget Jones book?

    <

  6. What do you put mint jelly on...besides lamb?



  7. Brad Pitt registers at hotels as "Brice Pilaf." My secret celebrity hotel check-in name would be Milky Sunshine.



  8. My mother had a customer in for a haircut last week whose name was (ready?) Ewegottalandisplanenow. Apparently, her mother was from the Dominican and didn't speak good English, but when she went into labor on an airplane and started freaking out, she keep chanting: Yougottalandthisplanenow...yougottalandthisplanenow..." Get it? I swear to God, I'm not making this up!!!



  9. What would the world be like if women ran the world?



  10. What should I wear on my date Saturday Night with PWC?



Then, of course, the train arrived at Kendall Square and it was time to go to work. What are your random thoughts? What pops into your head with no warning at all?

Hang loose,
Double Vee

9 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

my random thoughts?

- should guys shave their armpits
- is html coding really a good thing
- i've never had a big mac attack
- nor have i ever lived the miller high life
- i didn't join the army because i didn't care about being all i could be
- but, i love to jiggy with it

hot outfit by the way

9:24 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

I can always depend on you...huh "j?"

VV

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is great. I want to play.

1. What will my son be when he grows up?
2. Will they ever invent a hair color that really gets ALL of those grays?
3. Why does Heather Locklear keep getting work? She's not a good actress.
4. Wendy's salads aren't low calorie or low fat.
5. I want to smack that screaming Billy Mayes infomercial guy every time he comes on the television.
6. Why can't I grow tomatoes in my backyard?
7. I wish I could type faster.
8. One day, I'd like to live in Greenland.
9. I prefer Scotch whiskey before dinner.
10. I read way too many blogs.

Nancy P.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Oh these are great, Nancy P.! Thanks for playing along. Who's next?!

VV

9:51 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

1) I can't stop making lists -- right here, see? Can't stop.
2) There is no excuse for making a citrus toothpaste
3) I have a favourite brand of pen and keep several packs of them at home so I never run out
4) I had a dream last night I made out with Colin Farrell -- still scrubbing off
5) There is no such thing as a well-made bra
6) I am not attracted to Johnny Depp, Matthew McConaughey or Brad Pitt
7) I believe I'm going to live to be 100
8) I hate drinking water, but do it anyway
9) I don't care what the new black is, I'm not leaving the dark side
10) I have never read any of the Oprah book club selections

2:54 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Love, love, love it Nikki!

Matthew does nothing for me, either. He's creepy.

VV

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Okay, you're cracking me up so I'm gonna stop lurking and play...

Random thoughts:

1. Why doesn't my favorite Peanut Butter Paradise ice cream also come in chocolate?
2. Probably because if it did, I'd eat a carton a day.
3. Why isn't there a better shoe store around here?
4. Am I really living such a fabulous life?
*Brief pause so I can sing along with television commercial*
5. My cat is staring at me. Wait...no, he's just sleeping with his eyes open. Again.
6. I love the way new books smell.
7. Folding laundry is possibly the worst chore in the world. I continue to ignore the basket at the foot of the bed.
8. What else needs to be done before conference in Reno? I know I'm forgetting something...
9. Wonder if they make little cat sunglasses. That would solve the sleeping/staring problem.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I love folding laundry! Send it this way Kristen!

Great topic Ms. V!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

ROFL, Kristin! I love the smell of new books, too. And as for laundry...I get my roommate to do it, if I'm luck. LOL on the cat sunglasses. Perfect!

VV

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training