Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Adventures Continue!

She'ssssssss baaaaaaaack!

Vanessa here! Did you miss me? I missed you! Thanks for all of the cards, letters and e-mails (okay...just e-mails) showin' me the love. Things have been crazy for me since we last talked. I must fill you in.

First of all, there will be a change in the blogging schedule. Due to a change at work, I won't be able to blog until I get home, so sure to check in for the previous day's post each morning. You can still e-mail me and comment. I'm sure I'll have plenty for you to laugh at.

Secondly, last we talked, I was in the throes of a new relationship with Chef Boy. Well, sadly, he is out of my life. And no...it's not anythig I did (I know you're thinking that...stop it!) as he was offered and accepted a full-time job cutting fruit or something at a resort in Antigua. Who wouldn't choose a tropical paradise of me?



Chef Boy promised to stay in touch and said something about how I should come down and see him, but you know how things like that always turn out. Ah well, it was fun and nice while it lasted and I got in plenty of kissy-kissy practice in the meantime. Don't cry for me...Antigua.

The other thing I've been up to was a trip to Reno, Nevada (or Renal, NV, as I kept referring to it.) Griz won a contest on this travel website and won a trip for two and took me along for the ride.



I went along on the three-day splurge to the Nevada mountains. Of course, I lost $50 in the first two hours at the roulette, blackjack and craps tables respectively. Griz, on the other hand, made $685 on the slots and roulette (hit 36 TWICE...what are the odds?!) I got to coast on her successful coattails and drank for free while she tried her hand at craps (and continued to win.)

On the way home, our flight was overbooked, so we took a voucher (yeah...future free travel!) to take a later flight...a much later flight. A red eye, in fact. (Aptly named.) Griz and I didn't get to sit together, but we did get bumped up to first class. I sat in the window seat and this guy took the aisle seat and I swear, he was over seven feet tall! I mean, he had to DUCK walking through the plane. And, he had to stretch his lefs into the aisle to accommodate his height.

So, we take off, I order wine and it was hot. Not warm...hot. Bleck! I tried to sleep, but they started playing the movie HITCH and I was distracted by it. (It's a darling movie.) Tall Guy was all squirming and fidgeting, covering his head with a blanket until he finally stopped fighting the movie and put on his headphones to watch. Suddenly, I felt like I was on some sort of weird date.



As the movie is playing, Tall Guy and I are like sharing these moments -- laughing together at things on the screen, making eye contact during important moments and yes, there was a bit of a blush during the kissing scene. I thought we were really...connecting. Then, at the end of the movie, he takes his headphones off, as do I, and we turn towards each other (he's pretty cute, let me tell you, in an older sort of way) and I think we're about to bond further over the movie when he screws up his face and says...

"That's the worst fucking example of screenwriting I've ever seen."

Well thank you, Roget Ebert!

Then, as if that weren't bad enough, turns out Flirty Tall Guy is...married! His wife's sitting back in couch. What's the deal? What is wrong with people? Have you ever experienced anything like this? Man...a great plane flirtation that left me...flat.

Well, I learned my lesson.

Maybe one day I'll find love, like Hitch did. Real love -- like how much Bobby loves Whitney. Oh come on...don't tell me you're not watching BEING BOBBY BROWN on Bravo. It's on tonight...I dare you not to watch. It's like a train wreck and you can't look away from it. They're insane. Trust me. Watch it. We'll talk about it tomorrow...



Hang loose,
Double Vee

5 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Welcome back VV! I have not seen the Brown's yet -- but since it comes highly recommended by ambulance chasers everywhere, I'll have to tune in!

Good to have you back!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous j said...

nice to have you back, v. now i have something to do again.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Thanks Nikki and j...thanks for stopping back by! I thought I'd lost everyone. *eg*

VV

9:55 PM  
Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Well, V, if it's any consolation, we must have had the same roommates in Reno! One of mine won $750 on WHEEL OF FORTUNE SLOTS. The other one won $100 on PENNY SLOTS!!! Then, another $175 on Wheel of Fortune.

I, on the other hand, am going to have to charge my mortgage this month. :-(

Shannon

PS: Not really about the charging the mortgage. Although my hubby did try to tell me I wasn't "trying hard enough." So, I imagine if I'd "tried" as hard as Mr. Money Grows On Trees wanted me to, I WOULD have had to charge the mortgage. :-)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Welcome back V. I refuse to watch Being Bobby Brown. It's too much like a train wreck. Sorry about Chef Boy. Maybe you can go visit!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training