Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I found the cute guys in Boston!

Vanessa here...

Okay...remember how several months ago I was lacking in spotting cute guys in downtown Boston? Well, no more. I know where they all hang out. I've seen them. Spotted them. I will not hunt them down. Well...not really on the last point.

But, I was out meeting up with my friend, Megan, today who works downtown for a financial firm. We walked from her office on Boylston Street over to Devonshire Street to this tiny little hole in the ground called Viga. She assured me they had the best pizza in town, as well as the most amazing selection of sandwiches and pastas.



Well, the smells emanating from the tiny restaurant were enough to make me drool...but the REAL drool was over seeing SO many adorably cute guys. Of all shapes, sizes, color and age. It was a veritable smorgasbord of fine-looking guys. All dressed nicely in their finest dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up ('cause of the summer heat) and form fitting pants. I found myself staring more at the cute guys all talking on their cell phones, playing with their Crackberries or chatting it up with their buddies than I was at the menu items.

Okay, so I ordered a Tuscany (roasted turkey with cranberry sauce, mayo and lettuce on foccacia bread...YUM!), but I definitely took note of the many, many eligible bachelors standing in line for calzones, grilled chicken and caesar salads. If I'd thought about it, I would have stood at the door as they all exited with their to-go bags and handed out my "Vanessa Virtue" business cards.

Let me just say, it makes me want to work on Boylston Street instead of in Cambridge where all the boys are.

Oh, and I had a couple of e-mails from people wanting to know more about Mara the Chicken-eater. Sure enough, she came in this morning with a grilled chicken sandwich she'd bought at WENDY'S last night!!! She heated it up and had it for breakfast. Then, when I got back from my lunch, she went out and got another grilled chicken with extra provolone and roasted red peppers for lunch. And this afternoon, she was hungry and entertained herself with a cup of fruit. So much for the all-chicken diet. But, honestly. Who in their right mind thinks anything from Wendy's should be included in a diet?

Off to fix dinner. Anything but...chicken!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

1 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

i'm jealous. but now I know where to hang out to get chicks to notice me.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training