Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm turning into a domestic goddess!

Vanessa here...

Sorry about the late post. Been a busy day. I hit the ground running at work today and then had to get home in a flash to cook dinner for Hunter. Yes, I had a Monday night date!

But I should backpedal 'cause I know you're curious. Hunter came over Friday night and we had pizza, wine (well, I had the wine...he doesn't drink) and watched a movie. Oh yeah, and we made out like bandits. Man, I don't know what they teach them in the FBI Academy, but that boy can kiss!

We were going to get together on Sunday, but something came up with Hunter's work. So I lost my head completely and offered to make him dinner tonight. What was I thinking? I mean, sure, I've been watching The Food TV Network for five years and I can "Bam!" with the best of them. But to whip up something for a man I'm deeply smitten with? I scanned the internet for recipes and ideas. Was it too late to go take a quick class at Williams-Sonoma?

There were other challenges. In addition to not drinking, Hunter doesn't eat red meat. And he likes to eat low fat. I won't complain 'cause his body is to die for...so I guess we could all stand to eat a little less cow and lard. He said he wanted "comfort food." (Apparently he had a long, hard day.) So, I found a recipe for Turkey Stroganoff and it was deeeeeeeeeelish! (See below.)

Hunter came over, was amply impressed with my culinary skills (Phew!) and kissed me good and long before he had to scoot out. I'm telling you, this man is...perfect. Absolutely perfect. I don't know what can be wrong with him. He's smart, strong, gorgeous, polite, charming and attentive. I mean, did I dream him up, or what?

He's going down to DC for a conference tomorrow until Sunday, so my Hunter time will be down a bit this week, but don't worry, I'll have plenty of stories to keep you entertained.

I have more Case Studies for you and All-Chicken-All-Day Mara's been particularly annoying.

In the meantime, why not try my awesome Turkey Stroganoff:

Turkey Stroganoff

1 pound ground turkey
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons Brummel and Brown, divided
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken consomme
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 pound extra wide egg noodles, cooked to package directions
Chopped parsley leaves, garnish

Chop onions and cook in one tablespoon of Brummel and Brown (yogurt butter.) Add lean ground turkey meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is almost done. Then add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes until everything is done.

Cook egg noodles according to the package, drain and set aside.

Drain meat into a strainer and set aside.

Return skillet to medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and mix with flour 1 minute. Whisk in chicken consomme. The sauce will thicken in 1-3 minutes. Stir in sour cream, thicken 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour meat, onion and mushroom mixture into the sauce.

Arrange a bed of egg noodles on a plate and top with Stroganoff sauce and parsley.

Serve with French baguette.

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

now that's a recipe i can probably do. will you come make it for me?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

I must say, it was a culinary feat. At least for me. I think I like this cooking thing.

VV

9:42 PM  
Anonymous beejay said...

Cheesy Polenta with Crab Cioppino next time. Not to high in fat, just the cheese, and no meat at all. Green salad on the side, nice crusty bread, and it's fast.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training