Monday, August 29, 2005

Katrina and her waves...

Vanessa here...

I know many of you might have tuned in to hear how my weekend with Special Agent Hunter Langdon, hunk extraordinaire went (I just love saying that), but in light of today's weather catastrophe, I thought I'd wait to talk about myself (I know...how unlike me!) and instead share some pictures of the last time I was in the beautiful areas that were hit today. I have relatives in the Mobile Bay area (who were smart enough to evacuate deep into Florida -- ain't that an irony?) and I've been to New Orleans myself. So, I thought I'd just let you look at some pretty pictures and enjoy. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone on the Gulf Coast!

Hugs and love,
Double Vee

Classic First Street in New Orleans


Anne Rice's backyard (well, when she still lived there)


First Street Flower


The Heart of Bourbon Street


An Older Resident of the French Quarter


Typical New Orleans Courtyard


Some Crazy Woman on Bourbon Street


Jackson Square


Lafayette Cemetery


Mobile Bay from Fairhope Point


Another View of Mobile Bay


A Local Resident of Mobile Bay (I'm told he evacuated)

4 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

nice pictures. nice tribute. hope your family and friends are safe

7:14 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Oh my goodness. These were beautiful...I hope they're still like they were when they were taken. All my prayers and love goes to the families of LA and Alabama!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Kathy Holmes said...

I, too, love New Orleans and that whole Gulf Coast area. Had a couple of very special trips there myself. My prayers are for the people and the entire area.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Thanks for all the well wishes and thanks for the props on the pictures. I have a kick ass camera, but honestly, in a place like New Orleans, it's hard to take a bad picture.

= )

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training