Monday, August 15, 2005

My evening with Fox Mulder...well...sort of...

Vanessa here...

Finally!

I know...I know...you're anxious to know how this weekend went, but remember, people, I blog at night now. :)

I have to say, though, that this was one of the best weekends of my entire adult life. Seriously. Not even kidding. The. Best. Ever. (Well...so far.)

Me, Griz and a bunch of other people from work met up at The Rattlesnake on Boylston Friday night. And, as you remember, I boldly invited the gorgeous, fingerprinting FBI agent, Hunter Langdon. (Again...the name flows like buttah.) I arrived at The Rattlesnake fashionably late (9:38 instead of 9:30) and people were well into their beers and cocktails. I had to make sure I ratcheted up the cute, so I wore a cute, new flowery tank-like shirt from Ann Taylor Loft and a pair of nice black pants from Express. I have to admit, the pants make my ass look somewhat like Gisele Bundchen's. (I said somewhat...besides, it's all about how you feel.) I was feeling somewhere on the edge of cuteness and I couldn't wait to see him.

Hunter. Hunter Langdon.

At exactly 9:46, I saw him walk in. (Yes, I was eye-stalking the front door.) Then, I heard that full orchestration kick up in my head (drowning out the bar music) and a spotlight opened from above and lit him up. (No, I wasn't drunk -- this is just how I see him, thankyouverymuch.)

He saw me. He smiled. I smiled back. We exchanged waves. He pushed his way through the crowd to take the seat I'd saved for him.

Of course, Griz had to take over the conversation, immediately asking Hunter all sorts of questions about today's (Friday's) fingerprinting, asking what kind of information they looked up on people and what they usually found. (BTW, they're looking for criminal records and history of fraud and such.) Hunter was nice and answered all of her questions, but I could tell he didn't really want to be Agent Langdon, rather just Hunter...who wanted to relax and hang out. When Griz went to the bar for another G&T, I changed the subject.

Trying not to be completely mesmerized by his bright smile, hypnotic green eyes or his deep voice, I learned the following...
  1. He moved to Boston four weeks ago from where he'd been on assignment in DC. So, not only was he grateful to meet new people, he and I had old home week, since I grew up in Arlington.
  2. He doesn't drink. Like, not at all. On my third glass of wine, I realized that the orange juice he was sipping was completely screwdriverless. Not a drop of vodka in it. I had a Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard moment.
  3. He lives in Brighton in a condo on Comm. Ave. with his dog...a weimaraner named J. Edgar. I reminded him that Hoover was a freak of the highest level, but Hunter said the dog was named that because the day he brought him hom, he got into his sister's closet and came out with one of her dresses around his neck.
  4. He's originally from Atlanta, but has no trace of a southern accent. Of course, neither do I, growing up mainly in Northern Virginia. Unlike Griz who's so South Carolina, it hurts.
  5. He's 31 years old and his birthday is New Year's Eve. (Suddenly, I picture us in formal wear, showered by balloons and confetti as we kiss with the fireworks going off.

Well, suffice it to say, the evening went very well. Hunter fit in with my friends and had a good time. We laughed. We flirted. Our knees touched several times. We shared a plate of nachos. (He likes extra jalapenos, just like I do!) He told me he a lot of errands to do on Saturday, but he'd love to hang out on Sunday. (Whooooohoooooo!!) Since I'm the Bostonian here, he asked if I wanted to show him the city. I kept from shouting out "Hell to the yes," and instead offered a more reserved, cool, hip, "Absolutely." (I was bouncing in my seat just a little bit...what can I say?)

As we parted ways (with a lovely bear hug from him), I kept asking Griz if Hunter was for real, or had I just dreamed the last four hours? After pinching the crap out of me, I was convinced that everything was 100% real.

And for the record...I'm on full smitten.

Gotta run for now, but come back and I'll fill you in tomorrow on what our Sunday touring Beantown was like. Let's just say, Hunter Langdon's lips are as soft as they look! ;-)

Until tomorrow...hang loose...

Double Vee

2 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

it's about damn time you posted. i don't like this new schedule.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Sorry, "j," but work commitments changed and I don't have time during the day to post. But I'm happy to see you're still tuning in.

VV

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training