Friday, September 30, 2005

10 Things I Don't Hate About Me...

Vanessa here...

8:50 p.m. on a Friday night. Man, this has been a shitty week. After all the crap Hunter put me through, he had the nerve to send me an e-mail and ask if we could have drinks tonight. And you know what I did? I deleted it. I mean, honestly! Does he think I'm a desperate fool and that I can be friends with him?

I spent the majority of this week totally hating myself. Hating that I wasn't sexy enough or tempting enough. What was it about me that pushed him to sleep with some skank? I've been blaming myself when I really should blame...him.

So, William just ordered Chinese food, got us some DVDs and a bottle of wine and we're having Girl's Night.

He also told me that I have to find 10 things I like about myself. Or as I call it "10 Things I Don't Hate About Me." So, here we go:
  1. I don't hate my hair. It's this goldy-brown and and it behaves more than it doesn't.
  2. I don't hate my feet. I have really dainty feet with nicely shaped toes.
  3. I don't hate my personality. I'm outgoing and bubbly. Someone will appreciate it.
  4. I don't hate my laugh. I've been told it's infectious.
  5. I don't hate my apartment, although I do hate my landlord.
  6. I don't hate my car. It's been with me since sophomore year in college. It's a trap, but it's paid for.
  7. I don't hate my parents. Although they hound me about "coming home," they love and support me in their own way.
  8. I don't hate my friends. They're the bestest and always lift me up.
  9. I don't hate the Yankees. Okay, I know that's not about me, but it sort of is 'cause I live in Boston and there's this bitter rivalry. I respect that they're a good team, but I just can't get embroiled in the fever of hating them. Now, don't get me started on hockey...
  10. I don't hate my life. I'm healthy, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge, a job that helps pays the bills and clothes on my back. Looking at what Katrina did to people, I shouldn't complain.

And I'll add an eleven...I don't hate Hunter. I feel sorry for him 'cause he missed out on what a great gal I am. There...how's that for positive reinforcement!

So, what don't you hate about you? Speak up!

Hang loose and tune in tomorrow for Weekend Eye Candy...
Double Vee

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Loved your list.
Very happy to hear that you have such a long one. Good!
Me? ...pass.
I will only say that I like to say good things to people. Sometimes when I do, it's at a time when they need to hear a nice thing, whatever it is. It's happened quite a few times, and it is a wonderful feeling to know I've been able to lighten someone's emotional load, if only a moment.
Guess that's all.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous emily said...

I share your #10..I don't hate my life..

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training