Thursday, September 01, 2005

At least I have shoes...so, I shouldn't complain...

Vanessa here...

...with the world's most sore feet, ever. See, I wore this stylin' new pair of strappy sandals today with this new Kenneth Cole colorful skirt I have that's almost too nice to wear in my veal cube in the warehouse office in Cambridge. Anyway...I had to, of course, walk all over hell's half acre today and my dahhhhgs ahhh bahhhhkin'. (Sorry, testing out my New England accent.)

(See...here's my skirt...ain't it cute?)


At one point in the day when I was sitting at my desk, I slipped my shoes off and my feet were completely swollen! The elastic on my sandals was like cutting off my circulation. And I started complaining to my cube mates and carping about how it was going to hurt to limp back home on the T tonight and then All-Chicken-All-Day Mara (who ate chicken salad and sundried tomato on an asiago bagel for lunch today that made the whole office smell like feet *gag*) said to me, "at least you have shoes" and then pointed to her computer monitor where she had CNN streaming from New Orleans.

God, she's right. She's soooooo fucking right.

Vanessa Virtue is a total loser.

How dare I complain? What a tool I am. So, I squoze my feet back into my sandals, limped home and thanked the Lord that I had a home to go home to.

But then my spirits picked up when I walked up to the house. Mr. Paulsen, my anal-retentive landlord met me on the first floor landing and said there was a delivery for me. I followed him up to the top floor thinking I'd gotten samples of Mr. Clean or someone had sent me an Omaha Steaks meat basket for no reason...or that it was a wedding present for Mia, but it wasn't. It was flowers. A big ole honkin' bunch of flowers!!! I barely thanked Mr. Paulsen (he's still a freak of nature) and literally floated down the stairs to my apartment when I saw that they weren't for Mia...they were for me!

I sat on the couch and sniffed the gorgeous bouquet. Spray roses, lilies, daisy poms and some purpley thing. They were from...Hunter! It's called the Sentimental Surprise. Here's a picture of them...



And the card read...

Missed you this week.
Can't wait to spend the weekend with you.
Hunter

Are you swooning? I'm swooning. Totally swooning.

He wants to spend the weekend with me? Like during the day or allllllll day? Like waking up with me, making us breakfast in bed type spending the weekend with me? Sure, he's coming to Mia and Larkin's wedding with me on Saturday (which I'll be sure to report on), but I didn't realize it was going to be a long weekend for us too.

This calls for reinforcements. I'll need to go to Lord's & Lady's for a quick trim and styling. Then, there's mani and pedis to be had. Perhaps a little waxing of the personal area. (I know, too much info.) And there's time to try out those Crest White Strips. I want to be perfect for him. After all, he's perfect.

I've got to call Griz now and get a game plan in action! Don't worry...I'll keep you posted.

Hang loose,
Double Vee

2 Comments:

Anonymous Stephanie K said...

I simply LOVE that skirt! Very cute.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Too much goodness in one post. LOVE the skirt. And very happy he sent you flowers ---- lucky girl...

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training