Monday, September 12, 2005

My new (soul) roommate?...

Vanessa here...

One week into official celibacy with a gorgeous boyfriend and one week into official search for roommate. I think I've found a new potential roomie...it's like he's my soul mate.

And before you start thinking I'm dumping Hunter...this guy I met is gay as as the proverbial goose.

Griz and I went out on Saturday night because after yet another Friday with Hunter watching TV, cuddling, yet keeping my hands to myself and not drinking, I needed a glass of wine...or twenty. We went to The Black Rose downtown and Griz ended up meeting this guy who'd just gotten off the boat from Ireland. He was pretty cute and then ended up having a two person party, which was kind of cruel 'cause I was left on my own. I was going to have "one more" and went to the bar where this really adorable guy was literally crying into his beer.

The facts:

  • His name is William McEwan.
  • He just broke up with his boyfriend, Curt, of three years. (Left him for a woman, of all things...decided he was out of his "gay phase." What a jerk!)
  • He's from Montpelier, Vermont. Came to Boston with Curt.
  • He dresses like a model.
  • He works at Harvard University and bartends at night on the weekends
  • He looks like Ewan McGregor's twin brother.
  • He's living on a friend's couch since he and Curt broke up. He needs a place!
  • He's moving in!

Yes...William is moving in. He's totally going to be my new best friend, I can tell. We have so much in common. I'm not a great cook, he's a gourmet. I love wine, he loves drinking it. I'm a late riser, he's a morning person. He likes to work out, I like to go out. He's single, I'm single...we can commiserate.

So, he came over on Saturday and checked the place out. He even met Mr. Paulsen, the Freak of Nature, and completely charmed him. For some reason, though, Mr. Paulsen thinks William's my new boyfriend or something. But then again, Mr. Paulsen is a mental patient. Or should be.

William's officially moving in on Sunday, so I have the week to myself. That means DVDs of the LOST season (to catch up) and watching the season premiere of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL on Thursday night. (Thank heavens Mia left me her television!) We're going to have a party next weekend to welcome him and bring our friends together. I hope he and Hunter get along. I mean, if Hunter's so adamant about the no pre-marital sex, I bet he'll have an opinion on William's homosexuality and us cohabitating.

I just hope I can be a good roommate. I mean, I don't smoke. I don't leave wet towels on the floor. I pay my rent on time.

What can I do to be a good roomie? Any good advice?

Hang loose,
Double Vee

5 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

set him up with a cute guy (one that will, of course, have sex with him) to get over his broken heart

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clean the place or get a professional in beofer he moves in. I live in New York and once moved in with someone who had a roommate prior to me and she was a slob. The place was covered in hair and dust. Be a nice person and clean for William so he has a nice, fresh place to call his own.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous cheryl said...

Flowers would be nice. To brighten the place up. Or a welcome basket with shower gel, shaving stuff, soaps, etc.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous j said...

he's gay. not a girl.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous emily said...

precisely j ;)

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training