Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Recipe for a broken heart...

Vanessa here...

Let's just say...there have been better days. But according to Griz and William, I am allowed to continue my moping, so I am. However, being the good friends they are, they have advised me that there are very necessary ingredients to healing a broken heart...

They are:

Lobster bisque, which William brought home with him from the Stanhope Grille downtown. Who can beat cream, butter and rich shellfish?



Chocolate, which Griz brought over fresh from Rosie's Bakery in Cambridge. The Chocolate Delirium...and it's sinful and hits the spot.



Champagne, 'cause both Griz and William told me I had to celebrate shedding my life of such a total loser. Bubblies always help to lift the spirit.



Moulin Rouge! on DVD, a tear-jerker, a love story, a triumph, a masterpiece. And it doesn't hurt that Ewan McGregor's in it. He'd never screw around on someone he cared for...although there were rumors that he knocked up Nicole when they were filming this...hmmm...



Mani and pedi, yeah...by Griz and William. Since she's a graphic artist, at least she stayed within the lines. William, well, he need to go to cosmetology school before trying this again, but the thought is tres appreciated.



Sleeping with someone. NO, NO, NO...I am not slutting around. I'm talking about sleeping with someone who cares. None other than Donny the Bear, who's been with me most of my life. He understands me.



I think I'll get by with this recipe for now.

What do you do to mend a broken heart? How do you handle utter, sheer disappointment and pick yourself back up?

I need your advice!

Hang loose...I'm trying...
Double Vee

10 Comments:

Anonymous pam said...

Damn Vanessa,
You weren't kidding about those pictures...I am drooling now. I want to go back and get that bisque asap.

:) Pam

7:45 PM  
Anonymous j said...

chocolate, booze, tears and pampering. sounds like the perfect night with the girls. hope you enjoyed it.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous It Don't Get Any Better Than This said...

The bisque and chocolate cakes look amazing!

What do I do after a breakup? I cry. Alot. Then I go to the gym and stay as long as it takes to sweat out the anger and frustrations built up inside. Then I go out with friends to help pick me up.

Sounds like you've got a similar routine. Hang in there.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie K said...

>>What do you do to mend a broken heart? How do you handle utter, sheer disappointment and pick yourself back up?<<

You just do it. You get up. You get dressed. You go to work. You get over it. And each day, the pain goes away a little more until it's just gone.

Didn't you ever watch "Swinger?" :)

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie K said...

I meant "Swingers" the movie. Durrr.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get over it by realizing he was a creep. You deserve BETTER. You're better off without him. That's the medicine to make you feel better.

::::::::Course, champangne and chocolate can help too! ::::::

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you should have dumped him when he said no sex. Let him get it now from the skanky coworker. ;-)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Be VERY glad you didn't have sex with him after all!!!!

20/20 hindsight.

Do something that will make you feel empowered...not jump out of a plane or bungee jumping..but something challenging that once you accomplish it...you can thrust your fist in the air and celebrate your strength, endurance and say
"Damn! I'm Awesome!",, and believe it.
Then celebrate with more chocolate!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

OK, I'm going to shamelessly ask you to check out my latest post about Old Fashioned romance on my blog.
It's not what you think.
Maybe it'll give you a perspective on your current situation?????
Let me know.
I think you can click on my name, right?

3:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Damn Vanessa, those are all my favorite things. I may have to go and have the lobster bisque tomorrow night at Blue Water Grill, because it's getting cold here in NYC.

Keep your chin up.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training