Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A brainless, meaningless Q & A...

Vanessa here...

My buddy Angie e-mailed this to me this morning and I notice some other bloggers have this on their site too. So, while I try to set trends not follow them (I'm so kidding!), I'll go ahead and answer...what the hell? Could be fun.

Consider yourself tagged and try it out on your blog...

1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at?

My teeth. I have this massive fear that I'm going to have something ungodly stuck in between my teeth -- like a side order of Guatemala or something -- that will both mortify and embarrass me for the rest of eternity. I don't keep this to just the teeth, but the whole general mouth area. I was in a sales meeting one time where our fearless leader had cream cheese on the corner of his mouth. I swear, for half an hour, most of us in the room sat there swiping out tongues over our lips as a hint. He probably thought we were all hitting on him. It's for this precise reason that I do not eat poppy seed bagels. 'Nuff said.

2. How much cash do you have on you?

A five and two ones. The five is left over change from my bean and rice burrito from lunch today and the two ones are so I'll have change for the Diet Coke machine here at work.

3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"?

Best...which I try to be in my job. The Best. What can I say...I need a promotion. I need a raise. Girlfriend's got bills to pay!

4. Favorite plant?

I had a rosemary tree that someone gave me. It was the coolest thing ever. In the shape of a mini-Christmas tree. Smelled like heaven. I killed it in a week. (sigh)

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?

The person who gave me the rosemary tree. Shhh...don't tell her I kilted it. :)

6. What is your main ring tone on your phone?

Ciara's "One/Two Step," although I do alternate it with the "Uncle F*cker" song from South Park the movie when I need a laugh.

7. What shirt are you wearing?

My standard black. Long sleeves. Hello...it's fall in New England!

8. Do you "label" yourself?

I don't think I understand the question. As in "Stupid Vanessa!" or "Way to go, Grace." Well, sure. I'm oftentimes an "idiot," a "klutz" or a "total bonehead."

9. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing?

Black Italian leather boots from Pegabo in Canada. Best damn shoe store on planet earth. Worth the drive to Montreal or Toronto just to stock up. And they last forever.

10. Bright or Dark Room?

For work? The brighter the better. For sleep? Jet, pitch black.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?

Angie? She's a cool chick! Met her this summer. Made me laugh until I cried!

12. Do you know what an 8-track is?

I'm only 27, but I'm not stoooooopid!

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?

On the phone with a buddy. Course, she scared the shit out of me because any time the phone rings after, say, ten o'clock, I always think it's someone calling to tell me one of my parents is in the hospital...or worse.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say?

"Get wine." From my roommate William, wanting me to pick up something last night to go with the salmon he was grilling for us.

15. Do you ever click on Pop-ups or banners?

Gross...no. Pop-up blocker, baby!

16. What's a saying that you say a lot?

"Hellllo!" or "Hang loose."

17. Who told you they loved you last?

My mother. On the phone. Sunday afternoon.

18. Last furry thing you touched?

William's cheeks. He's in this back-to-nature phase and decided to grow a beard. Thing is, it's not really masculine or filled in. More furry than bristly. He said he'll shave this weekend.

19. How many hours a week do you work?

40 hour day supposebly...but if things don't get done, well, I have to stay late sometimes. It's what pays the bills.

20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?

I actually have two, and God knows how old they are! Mostly I'm a digital gal now. But I still love my manual zoom camera. Makes me feel in control of the picture.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?

18 was pretty damn cool 'cause I was out of the house, on my own, in college, being an adult. Although, I admit, I'm looking forward to my 30's.

22. Your worst enemy?

I probably am, but then, aren't we all?

23. What is your current desk top picture?

Jason Taylor of the Miami Dolphins. (Although, don't tell my pretend boyfriend, Darcy Tucker of the Toronto Maple Leafs, or he might get jealous.)

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?

"No thanks, I don't want a time share vacation to Orlando for me and the kids." (Telemarketer. Calling me at work! The nerve!!!)

Okay...that was fun and I didn't have to think up anything to rant about today. Hope you have fun with this, too, and thanks to Angie for the e-mail and getting this rolling.

Hang loose,
Double Vee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training