Wednesday, October 19, 2005

An industrialized world...

Vanessa here...

I'm a bad blogger today. Busy, busy day at work. Meetings, meetings, meetings. Never a dull moment and barely had time to pee today, much less try and come up with a creative blog. You people put too much stress on me! *giggle*

Important day at work today as we "practiced" our evacuation and resumption of business plan. Sure, a terrorist attack could occur, but goddammit, my company will keep on selling!

And, I went to have dinner with Mia (my old roommate who is noticeably preggers now) and her new hubby, Larkin. They live on this small bay in Quincy (south shore, south of the city) and we were supposed to have cocktails (orange juice for Mia) on the balcony before dinner, but there was this big-assed, friggin' ORANGE fuel tanker out in their harbor that was emanating a piercing sound that would give hives to dogs. Check this thing out:
















Is that the most God-awful ugly thing you've ever seen? It's from Singapore or something. And apparently, in their new digs, they get tankers like this all the time. I think their baby is going to glow or something. I mean, look at how tiny the tug is in the picture!

Ah well...as much as I love Mia, not a very exciting night. But tomorrow night, I'm headed out with my chicas to a StyleFixx evening of cocktails, appies, makeovers and lots of shopping! Should be fun.

What do you enjoy doing with your friends? I'm sure it's not staring at big, orange oil tankers.

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

that's parked outside someone's house? that's and eyesore.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous lisa stone hardt said...

Heeeeeeey, I know that townhouse complex!!!

Nice digs. I just didn't know they could pull a tanker in that close...

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training