Thursday, October 13, 2005

Random ramblings and incoherent thoughts...

Vanessa here...

It's one of those days where >>gasp<< I honestly don't have anything to say. No crazy stories. No wildly imaginative quips. Nothing happened on the train today. No one was mean to me. No one dissed me. Nothing went haywire at work. And I made it home in one piece. (William picked me up and gave me a ride home.)

I'm making Cuban chicken, black beans and rice for dinner tonight and William bought this fab-u Pinot Noir from Buena Vista. (I'm turning into a wine snob.) We're going to sit back and watch Everyone Hates Chris and Will & Grace. Just a nice night at home...the two of us. Just a couple of girls hanging out.

I do have some cool things I'm doing at work, though. We're having this big sales meeting in January on the Wrong Coast and I get to go! I'll be doing shit work like handing out nametags, helping with the banquet food and stuff like that, but it's a trip. Maybe I'll meet someone. Maybe I'll do such a good job that they'll give me a raise. I'm also getting more duties on the tradeshows and events. I'm even thinking of taking an online class in event planning to get more experience. Learn by doing, right?

I need to tell you about the Messy Man on the train. It's this Mr. Business Man who's always a complete disaster. He gets on the train in a huff and craze and always has to push in to get a seat. He spreads out his paper and balances his coffee on his knee and he always manages to either 1) drop something, 2) spill something, or 3) fall asleep on the person next to him.

So this morning, he gets on with a 32 ounce cup of Dunkin Donut coffee. He's spreading his paper out, trying to take up as much room as possible (he's also one of those spread his legs as wide as possible men) and next thing you know, he knocks his hot coffee over, the liquid gushes out and down the leg of his pants. He's not so much bothered by the heat, apparently, as he is the fact that he's lost his caffeine jonesing. He cleans it up by....are you ready?!...bending down and LICKING THE COFFEE off his leg!!! I am not shitting you. Messy Man is licking his pants like a friggin' dog!

And you know what the funniest part is? I seemed to have been the only person bothered by this. Ah well...welcome to travel in Boston on the Red Line.

Sorry for the dull post today. Why not let me know what happened interesting in your day? Share and share all!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

8 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

i ate some cracker jacks and got a cool decoder ring.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous ZaZa said...

OMG, V! I've got to have messy man for my book. Thank you! The things you see. I live in a small town beset by tourists, and almost nobody here ever does anything stranger than get a sunburn.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

LOL...actually ZaZa, Messy Man is for *MY* book, so I'm afraid I can't give him to you. Glad you got a charge out of him. I swear, the things you see on the train...

VV

7:17 AM  
Anonymous adamg said...

Maybe he wasn't desperate for the caffeine as much as he was trying to eliminate the stain? What color pants? :-0

7:23 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Good question! The pants were charcoal gray and looked to be straight from the men's department at J.C. Penney. Not exactly Armani, if you get me.

Did I also mention that Messy Man could be the freakish twin of my freak of nature landlord, Mr. Paulsen? Now THAT was creepy!

VV

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

r u a reel pursin?

9:19 AM  
Blogger clipper829 said...

I think we've all seen a Messy Man in our lives on the train. Not an unusual sighting, at all.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous ZaZa said...

Aw, VV, that's so too bad. I've already got a character of the type, and that licking the pants would have been such a great added feature. Sigh. Oh, well. I guess I'm going to have to go into the City and hit the BART trains, hoping for a find of my own.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training