Monday, November 21, 2005

My new pretend boyfriend...

Vanessa here...

With nothing better to do than to pick and choose my new boyfriend. I've thought about this long and hard and decided that I'm now going to be pretend dating Patrick Dempsey. (Insert "mmm...mmm...mmm..." here.)

You might know him as Dr. McDreamy (Derek Shepherd) on ABC's Grey's Anatomy...



But...he's had me since the first time I saw Can't Buy Me Love and saw the Donald Miller Dork via for popular Cindy Mancini.



See, my problem with the movie Sweet Home Alabama was why the hell would Reese Witherspoon ditch Patrick Dempsey at the altar to marry the yahoo from podunk? Just didn't make sense to me at all. I mean, was she crazy? Totally lost the movie to me. I'd a stayed with Patrick.



So, I'll be pretend-dating Patrick for a while now. I'm very excited to see where the relationship goes as he's a very talented, handsome man and I'm sure he'll fall head over heels for me.

Can I pick 'em or what?

Hang loose,
Double Vee

7 Comments:

Anonymous cheryl said...

I agree with you abot Sweet Home Alabama. I thought it was unrealistic for her to end up with the bumpkin she'd already left one other time. She'd made it clear that it wasn't the life she wanted to leave and I saw nothing wrong with her going to the city and improving herself. Didn't like the message in that movie.

Did you ever see the movie Loverboy with Patrick Dempsey? He was a pizza delivery boy who was a gigalo on the side. Cheesy (no pun intended), but cute.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous j said...

i'm going to pretend date reese she's a cutie.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I agree with you about patrick's drool worthiness. Even Will on Will & Grace fell in love when Patrick played his boyfriend.

Maybe you and Patrick, can double date with Anderson and I.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Okay, now you're in trouble. Patrick is MY pretend boyfriend. Serious, serious love for him. Don't make me come all the way down from Canada to show you how we girls in the North take care of you man-snatchers! :)

Oh, and rent LUCKY SEVEN. Made for TV movie where he seriously bad hair ... but good romantic movie and he's very charming!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Elizabeth...I loved him on Will & Grace, too. Loved how they met in the dressing room.

And Nikki...the great thing about pretend boyfriends...we can all share the wealth. *BG*

VV

2:29 PM  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

I saw the DVD from SHA, and they cut out a whole subplot about how Patrick was cheating on Reese with his assistant. It made more sense then.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Robin Caroll said...

Patrick is the MAIN reason I'm addicted to Grey's Anatomy. And Reese in SHA had a complete brain lapse....why would ANY woman ditch Patrick for any reason? UGH

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training