Monday, December 12, 2005

To pass the time away...

Vanessa here...

Quite a week ahead of me. I've done zero Christmas/holiday shopping and there are only a handful of days left to get stuff. I'm thinking of just handing everyone cash and be done with it. Work's a beatch as we've got all sorts of end of year stuff going on. And most exciting, the work holiday party is this Thursday. Can't wait for that. It's at a local hotel ballroom with an open bar, a chocolate fountain, cheese fondu and tons of other food. I'll be sure to report back on that.

In the meantime, to pass the time away, here's a Christmas MeMe for fun...

1. What is your favorite Christmas carol? "We Three Kings"
2. What is your favorite fun Christmas song? "Up on the Housetop Reindeer Paws..."
3. Who's your favorite reindeer? Rudolph...duh...
4. What's your favorite Christmas food? Figgy pudding...no, no, just kidding. Certainly not the fruitcake my grandmother used to serve up. My mother makes a killer egg nog. Puts hair on your chest.
5. What's your favorite "day" of Christmas? I'll have to go with the day you get five gold rings. I mean, who doesn't want jewelry?
6. What's your favorite Christmas special? That's a real toss up. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas, but I also love The Grinch and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I love when the Burgermeister Meisterburger gets his!
7. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Easy..."Die Hard." Don't give me that...it's a Christmas movie. Plain and simple.
8. Do you prefer Frosty or Rudolph? See question #3...Rudolph. Especially the claymation one who fights the abominable snowman with the elf who wants to be a dentist.
9. What's your least favorite Christmas movie? "It's a Wonderful Life." Don't even get me started. George Bailey lives a miserably sad life. Such a depressing movie.
10. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Blasphemy! Christmas Day. Santa doesn't bring them until Christmas Eve. = )
11. Where's your favorite place to celebrate Christmas? My parents house, in my old room with the family dog, my sister and the folks. Makes me feel like a kid again.
12. What's your favorite Christmas memory? When I was 12, my dad put boot prints in the fireplace to make me think Santa had been there. What a great memory.

Okay...have at it and have fun with it...take a twirl with the questions.

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

i agree with you that die hard is a rockin' christmas movie. good call.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#12 is a nice dad memory. Good for him for doing that for his child.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous emily said...

I love the BNL version of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen'..I think Sarah McLachlan guests on it..

Favorite movie is a toss-up between "A Christmas Story" or "NL's Christmas Vacation". And I also despise "..Wonderful Life"--I just don't get it.

Hermey is my favorite elf! LOL

We were allowed to open ONE gift on Christmas Eve (usually the one from our out-of-town aunt), and the rest on Christmas morning.
Did you know that Santa never brought wrapped gifts to our house?
Only gifts from my mom and dad were wrapped--my mom's idea on saving paper and time! ;)

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training