Monday, January 30, 2006

Am I the only one confused?...

Vanessa here...

As I was nursing my flu over the weekend, I watched a hell of a lot of television. And you know what? I learned something this weekend that I had no idea about.

You know those Geico ads? You know what I'm talking about. The belligerent cavemen who get dissed that are just hilarious. And of course, everyone knows the gecko. He's famous! He's their spokesamphibian.

Here is he...



But, did you know he's...Cockney?

No shit! I'm listening to this Geico ad and he's like talking to a lizard or something, trying to recruit him into the firm or something and he's talking in this British accent...not just British, but Cockney. He's talking about offering people pie and chips. It's just the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Not that I have anything against the Brits or those Brits with a Cockney accent, but if you were asked to give a voice to the gecko, is that what you would have picked?



I'd like to have been in that pitch/brainstorm meeting at the ad agency.

So, am I the only one disturbed by this? Speak up!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

holy shit! you're right! i've been wondering what's been bothering me about those ads. the geiko shouldn't have a british accent. it just doesn't jive

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say more Caveman ads. Their the funniest and most memorable.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess he should have an Australian accent, since there are more than 50 types of geckos who live there. But hey, it's advertising. I'm just glad he has a fairly "distinguished" accent instead of a hick accent. I'd never buy my insurance from a hick gecko.
Wendy

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training