Thursday, January 05, 2006

Caught in the act...

Vanessa here...

So here's a predicament that I bet has happened to every one of you working gals. This isn't my story, rather it's my friend Griz's, but I couldn't resist blogging about it.

It's a dreaded problem...going to the bathroom in public.



Griz is at work today and has to go (as she calls it) "big potty." Of course, we all hate having to do this at work, but sometimes, well...shit happens. (I kill me!) Griz, being the true Southern lady that she is, goes in to the ladies and picks the farthest stall. There, she begins to, ummm...do her business. Right as she's about to make music on the water, someone walks in. Not just someone, but the HR director. Now, it's not like the HR director doesn't have normal bodily functions as well, but Griz has a case of stage fright. She's all clenched up, can't perform and literally awaits the exit of the HR director.

After all, who wants other people to 1) hear you, 2) smell you, 3) know it's you, 4) know what you're capable of.

So you're stuck there. Just like Griz this morning.

When she thought the coast was clear, she returns to her task, but then someone else comes in and she's not as quick as the HR director. She decided to do her makeup while poor Griz is stuck.

As you can imagine, Griz finally finished her business after she was gone from her desk for about 15 minutes. All because she didn't want anyone to hear her poop.



Is this just a female thing? Do guys have this same phobia? Do you have this problem yourself?

Me...I just wait 'til I get home. LOL!!!

How's that for a topic today?

Hang loose,
Double Vee

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we're all afraid of this. And, its so silly because EVERYONE DOES IT. But, woman just can't accept it.

I heard that in Japan they've developed a electronic device for washrooms - you push the button while doing your "Big Potty" and noise/music plays drowning out any noises that you're making.

I, personally, hate when it happens at someones house.......

10:50 PM  
Anonymous ZaZa said...

Here you go, Marly:
http://www.untitledlife.com/tag/poop-etiquette

More than you wanted to know.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous j said...

men don't have this problem. but there is urinal ettiquette. if there are three open stations, you take the end one. then, if someone comes in, they don't come stand next to you, they take the other end one. you don't want too much closeness in the men's room.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Thanks for the Poop Etiquette, ZaZa!

VV

8:41 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Thanks, Anon...guess Griz is going to have to move to Japan, eh?

VV

8:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I used to have this fear but I've gotten over it. Frankly, after seeing some of the stuff people leave in the toilet without flushing, you get a little less prudish. If I have to go number 2, I do but I try to be discreet and not make too much noise. Of course, I prefer it if the bathroom is empty. And I always make sure that my business is gone before I leave the stall. And no, men don't have this fear, they'll go anywhere including the shower.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read up on how to poop at work:
http://www.mistupid.com/people/page051.htm

5:10 PM  
Blogger Mel Francis said...

My husband doesn't get it--but yes, it's a chick thing!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a safe haven bathroom at work: down one floor on the other side of the building.

Once I was almost late to a meeting because women kept coming into the bathroom. I thought I was going to explode from the clenching! LOL

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

LMAO! While I tend to think this is a chick-thing, there's a certain man I know--and he's a definite manly man--who confessed that he absolutely cannot do "big potty" unless he is in the comfort of his own home. Go figure!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training