Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm loosing faith in my fellow man...

Vanessa here...

Another boring Friday night...primarily 'cause I still have the flu-ick. I'm hopped up on Tylenol Cold & Flu with a chaser of Nyquil.



But that's not what I want to talk about tonight.

I don't get people. I mean...I don't GET people.

So, I'm standing there today outside of the T and this guy comes up to me and asks me where a particular street is. I tell him, pointing just to make sure he's understanding what I'm telling him. He says "thanks a lot" and keeps walking. I'm walking behind him and I hear him stop the next guy passing and he asks him the same question! What?! My answer wasn't good enough? Well, the guy told him the same thing I told him (imagine that!) And I literally wanted to go up to him and ask him what his fucking problem was. What? Were my answers not good enough? Did he think I was leading him astray? Why did he need the backup opinion?



Okay...fine.

Then, at lunch, I was at the Galleria and this woman who seemed to be a tourist or visitor from out of town asked me how she could get back to the Red Line T. So, being the kind-hearted soul that I am, I told her. Then, as I'm walking back to the office, I see her asking yet another person for directions. Have I lost all credibility or something? I mean, it's not like I don't live here and know my way around. Why ask me if you're not going to believe what I'm telling you? Unbelievable!



And finally...as I get on the T tonight after work and come out at Porter Square, there's this homeless guy with a cup, shaking it at people and asking for spare change. I notice, as I walk by, that there are a ton of pennies on the ground and I'm thinking, "why doesn't he pick them up?" Well, come to find out as this chick puts some change in his cup, that he's picking through the money and throwing the pennies on the ground! Like he's offended by them!



I ask you...what is wrong with people?!?!

Why do I bother trying? I just don't get it.

So, I came in, locked the door, put in the DVD of Tales of the City, grabbed the comforter and made a nest on the couch. And here I shall stay until it's time to go to work on Monday.

Have a great weekend and be sure to tune in for weekend eye candy!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what you get for being a nice person. ;-)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training