Thursday, January 26, 2006

Karma's a beatch...

Vanessa here...

Still in my Nyquil haze, but not so much that I can't comment on last night's Project Runway. I have one thing to say...

KARMA BABY!

I'm a huge believer in karma. I never, ever hurt people purposely or do things underhanded (although I've been accused of it by stupid people) and I truly believe that you have to practice good so it will come back on you. I mean, hello...this is why I love My Name is Earl so much. It's all about the karma. Apparently, Zulema does not adhere to this policy in life.

When the show started, Heidi offered last week's winner, Zulema, the choice of keeping her model, Rachel, or choosing from all the other models. Zuleme chose to have a three-model walk-off (It's a walk-off!) She took Nick's model, Tarah, the woman he called "his muse." What. A. Bitch.

Now, I realize it's a competition -- I mean, ever reality TV show tells us that over and over and over again -- but that was just wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And then, she turns to Nick and says "I'm sorry, Nick," like it's a big joke. Well, let me tell you what...my heart just broke for Nick.

And, it sucked the life out of him. He told Daniel V. that he was "over it" and didn't want to play anymore. He wanted to leave. Noooooooooooooo!!! Nick, you can't leave us with just weird-ass Santino and Chloe-of-the-one-colored-designs.

Here is some behind-the-scenes reaction from Nick on what Zulema did. He said, "If you're not kind, you're not going to get kindness back."

No, Nick...it wasn't about kindness, darling. It was about KARMA! Zulema completely fucked with her own karma doing that and it kicked her in the ass immediately!

And look at this god-awful creation she made...

(Poor Tarah!)



It was supposed to be African inspired, but there's nothing wonderfully African about this. It looks thrown together, unfinished and it doesn't even fit her.

While Daniel V.'s creation was amazing, I think that Andrae should have won with his dress that was the inspiration of a puddle of water with rocks in it...check it out for yourself:



Isn't it gorgeous?

We mustn't forget Santino. How this man is still on this show, I do not understand! He says he watched last year's show...well, if he had, he would have known that he used the exact same fabric Austin Scarlett used last year for his Grammy dress. (And I was so thankful that Jay was there as a judge to point that out!)

Look at what Santino did...



What kind of drugs is he on where he thinks this actually is attractive? Would you wear this? Ewww...no!

Now, look at what Austin did last year...



At least Austin's was wearable and glamorous.

I love this show! So very much! What is better than Jay McCarroll as a judge, telling the contestants, "Oh, honey, that's a lot of talk...I've been there."



So boring Chloe is still in. Kara eeked by with her simplistic dress. Santino got to stay in simply because he's a cartoon character. Daniel and Andrae are in because they're talented. And Nick survived along with his new model, Rachel, to go on and design something amazing another day. Note to Nick though: no more fish-tale skirts, babe!

And in my best Heidi impression...that means Zulema, you are out.

This is what it looks like when karma bites you in the ass, people...



And here's Nick, savoring the moment...knowing karma took care of business for him.



Are you as hooked as I am? What did you think of last night's show? Weigh in!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

i'm with you on karma. don't fuck with it.

i suppose i need to start watching this show.

8:54 AM  
Blogger bridget said...

Okay, VV, you got it in one. They say "The Path is the Destination", and I guess Zulema was too focused on winning to walk the right path.

~*~*~*~*~*~*ohhhmmmm~*~*~*~*~*~*~
VBG!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Mel Francis said...

LOVE THIS SHOW.

I agree that Andrae's dress should've won...and that's hard for me to say because I LURVE Daniel V. LURVE HIM.

I was so hoping they would send both Santino and ZooLemur packing this week. I kept saying, "Go on...send 'em both home. You know you want to."

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training