Monday, January 09, 2006

Let's talk television...

Vanessa here...

Since winter has set in and I have like, zero social life, my thoughts and attention turn to television. And oh, what a line up I'm attached to...

Project Runway is back! It's just deliciously addictive. There's a whole new cast of creatures...err, I mean designers. There's Santino, the guy who's so sure he'll win every challenge that he pouts when he loses; Andrae who just cries for the hell of it; Nick, whose designs kick major ass, Chloe, whose extremely talented; and a crop of middle-of-the-road hangers on who have managed to survive this long. And, of course Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn and Michael Kors are all back and bitchier than ever. I just love this show!

Oh, and when Project Runway is over, BRAVO is doing Project Jay -- featuring last year's winner. And, they've got a sort of Project Runway for the kitchen called Top Chef. Can't wait for that!

My Name is Earl continues to entertain me with major hilarity. I don't know how they get away with everything they do on this show, but it rocks. And, now it's been moved to Must See TV night. Does NBC even call it that anymore? Well, for what it's worth, it's on Thursday night now. Highly recommend tuning in for this.

Tonight, I'm going to give Emily's Reasons Why Not a try. It looks like a chick lit novel (a single girl in publishing dating in the city.) And the return of last season's replacement Jake in Progress starring (yum!) John Stamos. Funny, funny show.

I also think I'm going to watch Skating With the Stars and I watched The Flavor of Love (Flav-o Flav's show.)

Oh...Emily's on, so I have to run...

What are your favorite TV shows right now? What are you looking forward to this spring?

Discuss...

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are there any straight guys on project runway?

9:29 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

There was one, Daniel Franco, but he got thrown off. If you go to Santino's website (http://www.santinorice.com), he admits to being a bi-sexual. He's a very interesting character.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday was crazy so I was happy to veg in front of the TV. I thought Emily's Reasons Why Not was pretty cute. I particularly liked the topic of Mormons b/c I live in Utah so I got a big chuckle over the fact that she mistook his sexual disinterest for gayness. Heh.

Two of the shows I get excited to watch these days are Desperate Housewives and Gilmore Girls.

Ciao!
Wendy

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training