Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wednesday night recap...

Vanessa here...

I tell you, since this "no fraternization" clause at work, the place has become a little dull. People don't really talk to each other like they used to, the flirting has been curbed and the lunch breaks are now filled with people reading Time and The Boston Globe instead of chatting, gossiping or bitching about work.

So, instead of having people to hang out with after work (even Griz has gone into hibernation), I headed home, cracked open a bottle of wine (I know...I don't have to drink 8 glasses) and curled up on the couch with a sausage pizza to settle in and watch Wednesday night television.

First of all, I've been watching the replays of Flavor of Love. This show is frickin' hilarious! Flav-o-Flav (46 with 6 kids) is the king of his castle full of hos and wenches. These women are something else. He calls them things like "Sweetie," and "Pumkin" and "Serious" and "Hoops." There are some really pretty girls there, but there are some crazy ones. "New York" already fancies herself in love with Flav. "Serious" can talk about nothing but her modeling career -- going so far as to bring her portfolio with her on the date with Flav. But no worries, he's got an informant in the mix. Red Oyster likes to come to his rooms and tell him who's dissing him behind his back. Then, at the end of the show -- a la The Bachelor's rose ceremony -- he gives the girls who get to stay...clocks around their necks. It's hilarious. It's like a train wreck...I can't turn away.

But last night was the premiere of Skating with Celebrities and I have to say, I was impressed. There were some of my favorite skaters (Kurt Browning, especially) and the celebrities who skated actually did a good job. No one busted their tails or embarrassed themselves. But I do have to say to Bruce Jenner..."Dude, back away from the plastic surgeon's scalpel!" Oh man...is he freakishly weird looking. The best couple was Kristi Swanson and John Zimmerman (who was featured in an episode of Queer Eye -- he apparently forgot all the grooming tips Kyan gave him.) They were really good. Next week, the technical difficulty antes up and one couple will be eliminated. Oooo...the drama.

And then, the night was capped off with my favorite...Project Runway. Keeping in the skating theme, they had to design a costume for skater Sasha Cohen. And boy, these costumes! Santino decided to cover his in feathers and Emmet decided to make his for a hoochie mama. In the end, Zulema and her gigantic Elizabeth Taylor sunglasses won with her creamy white sequined outfit that looked pretty cool.



You have to see Zulema's sunglasses...



The thing that distracts me each week is just how amazingly preggars Heidi Klum is. She wears these skin-tight dresses that show her "bump" (as she calls it..."Baby Seal" as I call it) and it's like you can almost see the baby kicking. Yikes!

So, this is what it's come to. Me and TV. This is what sucking the social life out of work has done to me. But, I need this job. Those credit card bills and student loan won't pay themselves. Just the role of the city girl, I suppose.

Feel free to tell me about any great shows I'm missing and need to tune into. What are your favorite shows of the season?

Hang loose,
Double Vee

4 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

those are some butt-ugly 80s sunglasses

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mel Francis said...

Damn Santino should've been given his walking papers last night. Someone said if Sasha had put on the costume he'd made for her, she would've looked like she'd been swallowed by a bird of prey.

Yup. That summed it up for me.

I watched Love Monkey on Tuesday and I really liked it. I never miss Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy and I really like Medium.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the re-run last night and Zaluma's was definitely the best. That tall, creepy guy is just weird.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Heather Davis Koenig said...

You hit all my faves, V. Love PR, never miss it, and yes, Santino is a freak. And not in a good way like last season's Jay -- well, until he got the huge ego. :)

My fave on PR this time is that Daniel V? The NYC one with the kinda crazy hair... He seems sweet.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training