Friday, February 24, 2006

Incapacitated...

Vanessa here...

Crawling over to the computer to post something so you won't like totally abandon me forever and ever for not posting.

You see, William and I were out for groceries two nights ago and were hurrying home to see the ladies figure skating short program (he loves Sasha Cohen...he's sooooo gay!) and we weren't looking where we were going (okay I wasn't looking where I was going) and I slipped on a small patch of black ice and landed flat on my ass. Well, my assy-back area, actually. Man, it hurts!

So, I've been laid up on the couch for a couple of days alternating heat and ice (ain't fun to wear ice this time of year) and chowing down Flexiril for the pain.

I'm such a Grace. I'm constantly running into things or not making a wide enough curve as I go through a doorway. There's always a bruise on me and I'm just the biggest klutz. I mean, Lucy and Ethel have nothing on me in the way of prat falls. Maybe that's why Griz and I get along so well because she's an even bigger Grace. I mean, she is the poster child for "Shit Happens."

Mainly I feel stupid for falling. The older you get, the less you're going to bounce. I'm totally going to be one of those 85 year old ladies with the walker from having fallen and broken my hip. I'll have to wear one of those emergency alert thingies or have a clapper or something. I know it as sure as I'm sitting here. It. Will. Happen.

So, you know what I'll be doing this weekend. Just hanging on the couch, holding it down. I hope the Flexiril don't run out.

I need to feel better 'cause Griz and I are going down to New York City next weekend...whooohooo!! That should be fun!

Until then, hang loose,
Double Vee

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Poor baby. Keep watching those skater girls. Perhaps you were just inspired to attempt your own version of a triple lutz axel...

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ow-wee! Get better soon!

I laughed out loud at "The older you get the less you bounce." Too funny.

Have a blast in NY,girl. You deserve it.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training