Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's a head scratcher...

Vanessa here...

Excuse my absence as of late. I took a long weekend down at the parentage in DC for the holiday weekend. As usual, they fed me too much and complained about how I live so far away and when will I be moving back home. Guess they never heard that thing about throwing the baby birds out of the nest?

Anyway...so, I'm on the T this morning, like every morning, and I'm scratching my head over the advertisements and messaging on the MBTA. I'm wondering the demographics of my fellow T riders. Over there is an add for brain tests as Harvard Medical school -- like, come in and let us pay you to probe your brain kind of thing. Brigham and Womens is searching for women 18-34 who have anxiety and hot flashes. Some other hospital is looking for participants in an IBS study.

Ewww....so, let me get this straigh...my fellow passengers must all be mentally challenged, menopausal with irritable bowel? Stop this crazy thing, I want off!

Then, the train driver comes on and starts telling people, "Please take all of your belongings when you leave the train...purse, briefcase, luggage, bags, newspapers, coffee cups..." Are people honestly that stupid that they have to be told to take their things with them? Wouldn't I love to see the lost and found of the MBTA!

I look around me and people seem...normal enough. They're just commuters like me. Schmucks just trying to get to work and earn a dime. But now I'm looking at them all differently wondering who has what deep-seeded medical or mental problem. You just never know...

So, if you're looking for some extra scratch, take a ride on the Red Line and see what all they're offering in terms of medical experimentation. There's something for everyone!

Hang loose,
Double Vee

2 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

or what about when they tell you to move away from the doors to let people on and off -- like you're a retard who doesn't know to do that!

9:06 AM  
Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

As a commuter into Seattle every day, I take the Metro bus system. What I can't believe are the drivers who suddenly turn into tour guides the moment we hit the city. They start pointing out every building with any remote historical context or point of interest. Mind you, this is to an audience of commuters who have been making this trek every day for more years than we care to admit, so we can pretty much already recognize Qwest football stadium and Safeco baseball field, or we just don't care about who any particular building might be named after and why. That's a useless sort of trivia we really don't need before we've had our first cup of coffee. You're a bus driver, dude, not a cruise director! ;-)

Christina

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training