Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Random Acts of Kindness...

Vanessa here...

I've been tagged through e-mail by a work friend to commit a "random act of kindness."
Be randomly kind. And tell me about it. Hold open a door for someone behind you, and give them a smile as you leave. Pay for the meal of the person behind you at the drive thru. Pop an extra quarter in the parking meter of someone almost out of time. Share your umbrella with a stranger while walking in the rain. Send flowers to a person you don't know well (or at all) and put a note like "I hope you have a nice day. This has been a random act of kindness." Take a bag of chocolate with you to the post office, and leave it and a note with the worker behind the counter. There's as many ways to be randomly kind as there are moments in the day - I challenge you to find one.

Today, I gave $2 to a homeless man who held the door open for me at Starbuck's. He complimented my hair and my smile and said "God Bless" to me. I also bought a Diet Coke for Griz when she was stressing out over a deadline. And, tonight, I came home and cooked dinner (this casserole I used to make in college) for William, who had to stay late for work.

So, I'm feeling pretty good.

How about you? What can you do? Consider yourself tagged. Then, come back and report in to me your good deeds. Maybe we can make the world (or at least Boston) a better place.

Hang loose,
Double Vee

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I'm taking a friend out to dinner for her birthday tonight, and I've donated a dollar to the children's fund at work. Trying to think kind thoughts about people, and letting go of anger.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous j said...

i gave my seat up on the t this morning to a blind woman, does that count?

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very kindly did not kill my kids when they BROKE the 3-year-old's queen-sized bed yesterday.

But on a more serious note, one of my friends (a mom with 2 boys and one on the way, like me) is really sick (her dad has cancer to boot) so I hired her a cleaning lady so at least her house would be clean. The bad news is, there was so much dog hair, the cleaning lady charged more than I was quoted so it was VERY expensive. But it totally made my friend happy (and my DH wasn't mad at all) so that's all that matters.

And I mailed a pair of VERY sexy undies to another of my friends because she wears briefs and I thought it would brighten her day. She knew they were from me, called to thank me, and asked where she could get more 'cause they were sexy AND comfy. Mission accomplished!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training