Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's for one...

Vanessa here...

All alone on the night belonging to lovers. But you know what? I'm okay with it. I'm totally fine with it. I admit, it was hard to be one of the only girls at work who didn't have a vase full of long-stem roses on her desk. However, when I got home tonight, my parents had sent me a plant...so that counts, eh?

William went out to dinner with his new boyfriend and that left me here all by myself. Again...I'm fine with it. You know what I did? I took a long, hot shower and did a deep conditioner. Then, I gave myself a facial. Plucked, tweezed, exfoliated, debilitated and all those wonderful girly things. I soaked my feet and gave myself a manicure. And then, when that was all done...I made myself a kick-ass meal. Check it out...

Lobster Thermador with grilled asparagus and chateau potatoes...



Honestly...I made it! Doesn't it look great? You should have tasted it! (There are left overs. If you're cute and single, gimme a call.)

Then, I topped it off with a vanilla cake...



And yes, it's as yummy as it looks!

So, that's my Valentine's Day and I'm okay with it.

Hope you had a happy day!




Hang loose,
Double Vee

9 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

you can come cook for me any time

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OM god -- that is beautiful and looks awesome. That’s insane!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Vanessa, I hope you'll share your Lobster Thermidor recipe with the rest of us singletons.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of cake is is?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Ummm...vanilla? *EG*

VV

12:20 PM  
Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I'm with you, girlfriend! I was home from work and in my pjs by 6pm, didn't do a fancy dinner because I was saving myself for way too many gourmet cupcakes, as I curled up on my couch with candles lit and a fire in the fireplace, while watching "Breakfast At Tiffany's." Lucky I had the cupcakes because otherwise I would have been forced to break into a jar of chocolate body frosting. But that just felt too pathetic. ;-) All hail the singletons! Oh, and I want that lobster recipe too! Yum!

Christina

12:49 PM  
Blogger bridget said...

OMG, that is too glorious. You are a friggin' cake frosting swirl artist!

So, do you have a gas grill attachment on your stove? I mean, you're not grilling asparagus in the subzero two feet of snow in Boston, are you?

We Texans want to know.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Virtue said...

Elizabeth and Christina...I'll post the recipe next week...promise!

Bridget, I admit my swirling secret is my finger. *EG*

William has a grill pan, so that's how I made the asparagus, but the weather's been mild enough here that I could have gone outside and used the George Foreman grill!

VV

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm downright salivating over that cake, girl! I have to make a Darth Vader cake for Saturday. Too bad pretty white vanilla cake isn't good enough for my soon-to-be 6 year old!

Drowning in drool,
Wendy

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training