Wednesday, February 08, 2006

You make the call...

Vanessa here...

Okay...we've got three more hours until tonight's episode of Project Runway. I'm seriously considering taking a nap so I'll be wide awake for it! We have five (5) contestants left and Bravo's promo promises: "and in the end, one of your favorites will hear 'Auf Wiedersehen.'"

Let's review who's left...

Judging favorite...Daniel V. Danny, Dan...the Danmeister...



Dan has won four (4) challenges and continues to wow the judges. I like what he does. It's really creative and fun, but do I think he should win? Not necessarily. Do I think he will? Probably so. Why? Well, 'cause the prize is a mentorship with Banana Republic. See, last year, Jay McCarroll turned it down because there were too many strings attached. But I figure someone like Daniel Vosovic, straight out of design school, would be great at Banana Republic and would be totally moldable. Besides...tonight Daniel V. has amunity, so...HE'S IN.

On to Nick. Uncle Nick. The Nickster...whom I love...



Nick had me in the first episode. He's warm, affable, friendly and, oh yeah, he's one hell of a designer. Michael Kors is on crack saying that everything Nick has created has been "vulgar." I think he needs to pick up Webster's and read the definition. Nick's designs are wearable, sellable and fashionable. He really stole the cameras at the SAG Awards designing Brenda Strong's (Mary Alice's voice on Desperate Housewives) dress. The judges don't seem to like him of late, but I say Uncle Nick steps it up a notch tonight and...HE'S IN.

Chloe. Chloooooooooooeeeeeeeeee...



I have nothing against Chloe. I have nothing for Chloe. She's nice and she cried when Daniel F. got booted off. But she's a Johnny One Note to me. I mean, the only good thing about her leaf dress last week was it wasn't BLUE! I get the feeling that most everything she's designed has been safe and similar. I'd love to see Chloe step out of the box and really do something amazing and creative. She's definitely got the talent. My only knock against her is she's Texan...and well, I don't like Texans. (My apologies to anyone from TX who reads my blog...I had a bad experience with some Texans and it jaded me.) However, the judges love her and she seems to be the Kara Saun of this season so...SHE'S IN.

Kara. Nice, sweet, boring Kara. Totally unmemorable, hanger-oner Kara...



Kara's really nice and if you read Nick's blog, you'll see that she's kept in touch with a lot of people. She's been very emotional and supportive of her fellow designers, but she just hasn't impressed me with her clothing and designs. Nothing stands out to me. Nothing is memorable. Nothing is..."wow...I've got to have that!" So, is charm keeping her in the game? And if so, isn't creativity going to have to outlast charm? It's a toss up for me...I think for tonight, she's a maybe, but...SHE'S IN.

Santino. Sannnnnntino. Czar Nicholas. Dr. Zhivago. Tim Gunn impersonator...



Santino. You know, I've had a love/hate relationship with him. He's snotty and overconfident, yet he's totally insecure and a basket case. Whenever he doesn't win, he pouts...big time. The problem, though, is this dude's got talent. And, he makes me laugh my ass off. He seems nice when they're all together and laughing and immitating Tim (by far, the highlight of this season), but when he gets onto the runway, he turns into the angry, defensive diva. I think Heidi is tired of him. She's said so in other episodes. But wouldn't it be interesting television for him to make it to Fashion Week? I just don't know if he can last anymore, so I'm going out on a limb and saying...HE'S OUT.

I'm probably wrong. We'll see in a couple of hours.

What do you think?

Hang loose,
Double Vee

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel Francis said...

Ah VV, I wish you had been right. Sniff. I loved Nick, too.

Daniel is still my fave, though. And Kara should've won last night. I think she really outdid herself. I was surprised they gave it to Chloe. I liked her design, but I thought Kara's was so much better. And it was so different for her, which they had been begging her to do.

I like Chloe and think she's better than Kara overall, but I think Kara really outshined her last night and got the short end of the stick.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous lisa said...

Nooooooooo!!! Nickyyyyyyy!!!!

*sob*

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training