Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My left foot...

Vanessa here...

Still hangin' on the couch. I've been working from home, which is cool because I don't miss out on any of the e-mail news and gossip, but I get to work without being interrupted.

Thanks for all the e-mails and concern over my left foot. And for all of you naysayers and disbelievers, well, all I have to say is take a look at my foot...Day Five:


Now do you believe me? As if the black, blue and yellow bruising isn't enough, I could seriously go for a pedicure. My poor foot. I even apologized to it in the shower today. William thought I was crazy in the bathroom talking to myself....no, just my foot. (Okay, that sounds worse.)

Griz and I are supposed to go on a Pub Crawl Friday night. I'm told there are going to be a lot of cute boys there. Don't know whether I should just suck it up and go and try to be cute and charming or if I should avoid it, for fear I'll break the other leg or something. I guess I'll go. Why not? Maybe someone adorable will offer me a ride home or something. That'd be nice.

Hobbling off to the kitchen to find something for dinner. We have left over spaghetti sauce, Egg Beaters, Super Pretzels, shoestring fries and left over Hurrican mix. What to make out of that?

Hang loose,
Double Vee

7 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

holy shit! that's horrible. i hope you find the rotten bastard who did that to you.

6:22 PM  
Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Dang, not good at all. Just my two cents here, but I'd opt not to go out Friday night. Any other time I'd be the first to suggest a night out, but with that poor foot looking the way it does, you might chance someone stomping on it. Too hard to protect it in crowded bars. As for dinner? I'd go for the Hurricane mix, myself. LOL!

Christina

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwww! You poor thang!

You know I'm a proponent of
inhabiting cute boy scenes, but I'm with Christina on this one. I think you should take care of your tootsies and pass on the Pub Crawl.

Wendy

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have it covered up or something or can everyone see that? That's grose!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Elaine Spencer said...

BE CAREFUL! Words garnered from experience. Two summers ago I broke my two middle toes but decided nothing could keep me away from a good night out. FYI, 4 out of 5 experiences were NOT good, and usually they led directly to over-consumption in order to elleviate the pain of an abused foot. Even worse were the mornings that followed when you had to decided which part of your body hurt worse, your foot from being trampled, or your head from above mentioned over-consumption!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Megan Frampton said...

Ouch, that looks painful. Keep on the meds, stay on the couch, maybe stay away from the alcohol (dehydration + puffiness, etc.).

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe geeezzzz....you could have had a "Graphic Image Warning" first.

Are you sure you just broke that little bone? That looks pretty bad!!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training