Friday, March 17, 2006

We interrupt The Adventures of Vanessa Virtue...

...to bring you some news from the publishing world.

I'm immensely pleased to announce that I got a FOUR BOOK deal on Thursday afternoon from Penguin Putnam's Puffin Books for a YA chick lit series on collegiant sorority girls. Well, Publishers Marketplace says it better...

******
CHILDREN'S: YOUNG ADULT
Debut author Marley Gibson's four untitled books in a series about a group of collegiate sorority sisters, to Angelle Pilkington and Karen Chaplin at Puffin, in a nice deal, by Deidre Knight at The Knight Agency (world.) Deidre.Knight@knightagency.net
******

Deidre blogged about it on her agency site and my dear, wonderful, sweet friend (and critique partner), Diana Peterfreund announced it before I could even walk in the door this evening. But that's fine! I'm overwhelmed and humbled by sooooo much support from everyone.

As for the deets: Deidre asked me to put together a proposal for Puffin, so in about 5 weeks, I put together the partial, the character sketches and the outlines for three books. The wonderful editors at Puffin (my editors!!) loved what I did and we got the offer of four books with options for more in the sorority girl series. It's only a partial right now and I'll be writing extra hard for the rest of the year, but I couldn't be happier. It's an aggressive writing schedule, but I'm psyched to do it and I hope people will like the books. Just so happy that after five years of writing and submitting, we've finally hit pay dirt!

Thanks to everyone who has e-mailed and I can't begin to explain what your support means to me.

Hugs,
Marley = )

10 Comments:

Anonymous j said...

oh wow. what will become of vanessa?

12:20 AM  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Just wanted to offer my congrats! I can only imagine how crazy excited you must be!!!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Ferguson said...

That's wonderful news!!!! Congratulations :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Mel Francis said...

I am so freaking happy for you! WhoooT!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Marley! This is just all so exciting. I always knew you'd EXPLODE into the world of pubbed authors. You are AMAZING, girl!
xoxo
Wendy Toliver

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jana J. Hanson said...

I am SOOOO excited for you, Marley!! Such wonderful news!!! Congrats again!!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Thanks sooooooo much everyone!!! I can't begin to thank you for all of the support!

Marley = )

4:50 PM  
Blogger Heather Dawn Harper said...

I read about your good news on DP's blog.

Congratulations!

BTW, I live in Danvers. I haven't had a chance to make it to a NECRWA meeting yet. [I'm not a confident driver.]

Are you a member?

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jaci Burton said...

I'd have emailed you to offer personal congrats, but I don't have your freakin email addy *g*

I am SO SO happy for you! Still squeeeeing on your behalf!

*grin*

7:39 PM  
Blogger Triptik Girl said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to read them! :)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Training